I was not even the one taking the photo - nor did I ask for one.

Has Jay always been stand-offish? I know I'm still learning about his music.

I do like it but Jay seems to hold back, maybe that's why I'm not so sure about his music.

I may never get my ticket signed?

Now with Jason, he is a really nice guy, he'd love to take pictures... :thumbup

Jason does a decent job and have to give him credit for...

"Into The Mystic" (a kick ass song IMO)

Now Warren Haynes does an excellent job like Van the man :rock

But Jason does an excellent solo on "Goddamn Lonely Love"...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay is a sad bastard/unfriendly dude who likes to talk shit about Jeff in magazines - but he writes great lyrics.

Is he really a sad person? Unfriendly? He just doesn't seem friendly on stage, not like most artist...

But I can say the same about David Allen Coe, he wasn't friendly on or off stage either...

Guess I've not read much on his bashing of Jeff, best left unread maybe...

Was Jay unfriendly in UT also?

David Allen Coe? :lol

you get around don't you

I met Mr. Farrar once and it is not like meeting Jeff. I have met Jeff 4 times now (I think) - the dude calls me by name.

Jay totally did not want to be bothered. Maybe it was a bad night or something - others may be able to say different.

David Allen Coe? :lol

you get around don't you

I met Mr. Farrar once and it is not like meeting Jeff. I have met Jeff 4 times now (I think) - the dude calls me by name.

Jay totally did not want to be bothered. Maybe it was a bad night or something - others may be able to say different.

Thanks folks... I guess I'll take my chances next show...

Maybe Jay won't be in a bad mood, I can hope, right?

I use to like David Allen Coe, but as he has aged he has become a dickhead... :realmad

Maybe "unfriendly" wasn't the right word, but he does seem reserved...

To bad (for me)SV and Jason isn't closer to the south...

maybe they will play some more shows later in the year...

The good thing about a New Year is "we" or "I" get to start all over with the shows...

You have the winter shows, then spring w/ festivals and the summer w/coastal shows and then fall w/ more festivals...

sorry, i'm just rambling... :yay

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet, last time I saw SV in Boulder they freakin' rocked.

As for Jay being unfriendly he was real nice the two times I met him. After a 2003 solo show at the Mishawaka Inn in CO he stood on the edge of the stage and signed autographs chatting with those waiting for a long ass time. Many people snapped his photo as that was happening, he seemed cool with it then.

Jay is a sad bastard/unfriendly dude who likes to talk shit about Jeff in magazines - but he writes great lyrics.

:omg

I'd watch what you say. He's killed men for less.

In all seriousness, I've heard this rap before and must profess my puzzlement. If I buy a CD or a ticket to a show, I'm satisfied by good music. I'm not looking to establish some sort of personal relationship with the performer and don't feel that I have to get a picture/autograph/guitar pick, etc in order to have my fandom validated.

As for his disparagement of Tweedus Christ, allow me to refer to Kot's book as Exhibit A. If memory serves, Tweedy and his posse did plenty of their own dishing. Which I believe is what triggered Farrar's telling the story about Tweedy making a pass at Farrar's then girlfriend, now wife. I'm assuming that's the "shit" talk to which you're referring.

Farrar is a *

EDIT BY WENDY: that kind of language is not gonna fly, Walken. please.

let me rephrase that...

Farrar is a wash-up. That's better.

Son Volt's cool and all, but c'mon...

Farrar is a *

EDIT BY WENDY: that kind of language is not gonna fly, Walken. please.

let me rephrase that...

Farrar is a wash-up. That's better.

Son Volt's cool and all, but c'mon...

why would you say he is a wash up? the man consistently makes brilliant music.

*when I used the c-word, it was a reference to the quote about Jeff Tweedy in the Learning How to Die book...sorry.

also, I dunno. Uncle Tupelo was his thing I think. After a few albums with Son Volt, all his melodies began sounding really, really similar. Nothing new either...all key of G barroom rock. Which has it's place, I admit, just not in my CD player.

:omg

I'd watch what you say. He's killed men for less.

In all seriousness, I've heard this rap before and must profess my puzzlement. If I buy a CD or a ticket to a show, I'm satisfied by good music. I'm not looking to establish some sort of personal relationship with the performer and don't feel that I have to get a picture/autograph/guitar pick, etc in order to have my fandom validated.

As for his disparagement of Tweedus Christ, allow me to refer to Kot's book as Exhibit A. If memory serves, Tweedy and his posse did plenty of their own dishing. Which I believe is what triggered Farrar's telling the story about Tweedy making a pass at Farrar's then girlfriend, now wife. I'm assuming that's the "shit" talk to which you're referring.

I think the dude is fouled up in some way - and yes, this is a WILCO board - so from time to time I may get upset at those who talk about Jeff in a music magazine interview that reads like a National Inquirer type deal.

To make you even more upset - I think Jay pushed this new SV album so that he could get it out before the next Wilco album.

I met the dude - and he acted like fucking Howard Hughes - so I am just not that fond of him these days.

I am not a FANBOY of anyone - living. I have met Jeff many times - he actually knows me by name.

I think the dude is fouled up in some way - and yes, this is a WILCO board - so from time to time I may get upset at those who talk about Jeff in a music magazine interview that reads like a National Inquirer type deal.

To make you even more upset - I think Jay pushed this new SV album so that he could get it out before the next Wilco album.

I met the dude - and he acted like fucking Howard Hughes - so I am just not that fond of him these days.

I am not a FANBOY of anyone - living. I have met Jeff many times - he actually knows me by name.

National Enquirer.

Anyone ever settle back and just think that Jay is just a different kind of person? So what if he doesn't want to chat or whatever. The man makes consistently great music and that should be the bottom line.