Austin 1/24/07

Damn.

Taper sitting right infront of me, about to email him. I think I saw one more besides that.

Met Saint. Genevieve, that was cool (hey!).

Talked to Jeff for a bit, that will keep me smiling for the next year. Asked him what model the parlor sized Martin was (which now escapes me, oh well), and told him my VC name (in context it was a good idea, in hindsight not so much). Got my poster signed though.

Great show again, I wish this wasn't the last night (for me on this tour).

btw, what are those resteraunts Jeff mentioned he went to. I've lived here for about a half a year and pretty much stick only to Matt's El Rancho, Vinny's and The Salt Lick because my roomate won't eat anywhere else (not complaining though).

btw, what are those resteraunts Jeff mentioned he went to. I've lived here for about a half a year and pretty much stick only to Matt's El Rancho, Vinny's and The Salt Lick because my roomate won't eat anywhere else (not complaining though).

Guero's is a Mexican place on South Congress. I didn't recognize the other names.

Guero's is a Mexican place on South Congress. I didn't recognize the other names.

Las Manitas is downtown on Congress, but they're fixin to be evicted by the Marriott Corporation. They're supposed to be getting another space downtown. Best Tex-Mex breakfast in town.

Liberty Lunch was a now-defunct, legandary live music venue. In one of the greatest travesties in Austin's history, they tore it down to make way for the CSC buildings on Cesar Chavez, near the new city hall.

Does anyone have a setlist?

Awesome show again tonight.

was i in your dreams

sunken treasure

wait up????

muzzle of bees

at my window sad and lonely

laminated cat

box full of letters

iattbyh

radio king

you were wrong????

how to fight loneliness

bob dylans beard

heavy metal drummer

late greats

encore 1

california stars

shot in the arm

jesus etc.

elt (my request!!!!!)

itmwly

encore 2

dreamer in my dreams

acuff rose (both sans pa)

2 incredible nights in austin. jeff we love ya.

no kamera? man, i thought for sure he'd bust that out for this show

apparently, so did the guy behind me who wouldn't stop screaming it. :)

last night blew me away. definitely the best of the three i saw. i got my wishes of sunken treasure and california stars. but really? how to fight lonliness. not for the season. radio king. elt. box full of letters. yeah. amazing show.

i'm definitely wanting to find recordings from dallas and the two austin shows, so if anyone gets them please post or pm me or something. i've got stuff to trade: www.tonirickman.com.

Yeah, I saw a taper there last night. I hope he puts it up on the interwebs somewhere. Someone should post a link in this thread if it ever surfaces.

Ditto that ... both shows were indeed excellent and need to be circulated amongst the faithful.

Very cool vibe (sans clapping), playful banter as usual, and shit jokes taboot!

Reporting from the front lines: All is good in Tweedy Land

Ditto that ... both shows were indeed excellent and need to be circulated amongst the faithful.

Very cool vibe (sans clapping), playful banter as usual, and shit jokes taboot!

Reporting from the front lines: All is good in Tweedy Land

Jeff Leppard is one of the greatest screen names ever. :worship

Jeff Leppard is one of the greatest screen names ever. :worship

yeah... i was wondering why no one yelled def leppard during heavy metal drummer. seemed logical to me. i just never yell stuff, and plus i have no voice right now anyways...

apparently, so did the guy behind me who wouldn't stop screaming it. :)

last night blew me away. definitely the best of the three i saw. i got my wishes of sunken treasure and california stars. but really? how to fight lonliness. not for the season. radio king. elt. box full of letters. yeah. amazing show.

i'm definitely wanting to find recordings from dallas and the two austin shows, so if anyone gets them please post or pm me or something. i've got stuff to trade: www.tonirickman.com.

he doesn't play kamera nearly enough

I was just listening to a guy on the local community-run radio station giving a review of last night's show. He said that Jeff was "charming and witty" and that he "had the audience in the palm of his hand." I agree. :yes

It was kind of a weird venue - Hogg Auditorium is an old lecture hall, I think, with fold-down desks attached to the seats, and I overheard some people saying they'd taken exams there. I liked it, though, and it had really good sound. Both shows were great - awesome setlists and good-natured, respectful audiences. I think I liked the second night a little better, mostly because I had a better seat and Jeff wasn't a teeny-tiny figure off in the distance. Anyway, I'm really glad I went to both shows. :dancing

was i in your dreams

wait up????

box full of letters

radio king

shot in the arm

elt (my request!!!!!)

:w00t wow!! great assortment of songs. you lucky kids!

i'm sad that i had to miss these shows especially now that i know ST. G. WAS THERE! argh!

hi nat! :cheers