Sleeping Beauties  

59 members have voted

1. 1. When I sleep, my customary position is:

• Flat on my back like Egyptian royalty or a corpse
    • Curled on my side like a cat in a coma
    • Pure belly flop
    • The compromiser: half side, half belly
    • on my feet, leaning into a corner of the room
    • all over the mattress, changing position at least every 20 minutes, keeping everybody else in the bed awake
    • At my desk

Since I am in fact a Nosferatu, undead, and sleep during the day, I also put in earplugs and sometimes tie a bandana around my eyes. If I had my way, I'd sleep in a darkened pod of gel warmed to 98.6 degrees.

:lol

I can't be sure of my positions as I am sleeping because, well, I'm asleep. I have been told that I am very still and quiet sleeper.

To fall asleep I have to get in position, however. My position for falling is on my side, either left or right works, with my opposite knee up almost touching my chin.

I can't be sure of my positions as I am sleeping because, well, I'm asleep. I have been told that I am very still and quiet sleeper.

To fall asleep I have to get in position, however. My position for falling is on my side, either left or right works, with my opposite knee up almost touching my chin.

Jesus. That is me 100%. And I have also been told that I am very still and quiet. More SAB coincidences, Miss Chris :yay

Jesus. That is me 100%. And I have also been told that I am very still and quiet. More SAB coincidences, Miss Chris :yay

Somehow this doesn't surprise me a bit! :cheekkiss

My favorite is to have my lover's leg crossed over my bottom leg matching the position of my angled leg.

:lol WTMI!

Somehow this doesn't surprise me a bit! :cheekkiss

My favorite is to have my lover's leg crossed over my bottom leg matching the position of my angled leg.

:lol WTMI!

Me too..... It's also one of my favorite, um, positions if you catch my drift :lol

Stomach. I used to sleep with my head burried in the pillow but since I broke my nose I've been paranoid about that.

I have a friend that sleeps with his head burried in the pillow and his butt straight up in the air. I guess that's what happens when you let your kids watch barney....

Either stomach or the cat-curl.

If it's stomach night, feet must be dangling off the end of the bed. I've never figured a comfortable way to sleep on the stomach with feet not off the end of the bed. really, what else do you do with them- flay them towards opposing walls? Flat on the "tongue" part? Toes ingrained in the bed?

If it's cat-curl on one side, I haven't figured how to lay the "free" hand. I usually contort it so the wrist and fingers curl back toward my feet. It looks very uncomfortable, but works for me.

Either way, there can be only a small amount of pillow between my head and the bed. Just a slight elevation of the head/neck from the bed proper. The pillow must be very malleable, too, so as to contort it into efficient shapes.

Our bed is a king-size and extremely comfortable, so I don't need a lot of pillow work. Plus, if one of us (or a kid hops into bed in the middle of the night) squirms it's barely noticeable anyway.

Of course, the above positions/requirements are all worthless if I've had a few drinks on a weekend night. In this case, I could sleep in a dumpster of glass shards and excrement.