Prince - Super Bowl performance

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my first Prince record when I was ten, "Purple Rain," when it was first released and then went back and got the first five, which are all good to great. But if you really want to hear Prince at his absolute peak go get 1987's, "Sign O' The Times," which borders on brilliant in places. If that album doesn't slay you, then you probably just don't get it, Greg

I bought my first Prince record when I was ten, "Purple Rain," when it was first released and then went back and got the first five, which are all good to great. But if you really want to hear Prince at his absolute peak go get 1987's, "Sign O' The Times," which borders on brilliant in places. If that album doesn't slay you, then you probably just don't get it, Greg

"borders"?? :brow :D

Lammycat or anyone else who wants to hear prince quitarwork. Look up the video for Prince perfomring While My Guitar Gently Weeps on u-tube. Watch the whole thing, I guarantee you you will not be dissapointed. The last three minutes are simply beautiful.

I posted that in the RTT last weekend. Amazing performance.

"borders"?? :brow :D

Nope, I bought all of my records in the mid to late 80's at an old chain department store called Airways, which I believe was bought out by Target. I don't think there was a Borders anywhere near Louisville.

Did you ever have a Camelot Music?

A-Man,

I believe there were a couple of Camelot Music stores in the malls, but when I hit fifteen in 1989 I got into punk and discovered Louisville's many excellent independent record stores, some of which still exist. I did on occasion go to a late 80's/early 90's suburban chain called National Record Mart though. They shortened it to NRM by '91 or so, due to them no longer carrying vinyl, but all of the clerks were very educated in underground music. They tipped me off to the first Fugazi ep. Where did you go In WVA, or did you live elsewhere? Greg

Right the mall - we had no independent record stores. All my albums from the age of 12-18 came from Camelot, Hills, or G.C. Murphys. There was a National Record Mart downtown when I moved here - summer 1987.