Arcade Fire in NYC

AFpic.jpg

Arcade Fire, 2:14

I have seen many things at the hundreds of concerts I have been to. A band flying to the stage at Madison Square Garden in a giant hot-dog had been the most surreal. Until last night.

Last night, I drank a Heineken and watched Arcade Fire turn their amps to 11 in the chapel of the Judson Memorial Church on Washington Square Park South in NYC. An upside-down neon bible and a giant stained glass window with an imposing cross adorned the backdrop of the stage. A giant church pipe organ made its home stage right. The second level of pews became the seated VIP section for the night. And the cleared out floor of the chapel

I'm seriously considering a road trip to Atlanta for their show

Do it.

Thanks for posting the reviews solace...

By the way, there was quite a bit of arguing over on brooklynvegan about the crowd at the show that I went to (the 14th) and it seemed that people thought the crowd was lame on both the 13th and 14th. As I mentioned in my review, Win was complaining that the crowd sucked too (i.e., wasn't loud enough). Solace, how were the crowds at your shows? any more comments from the stage?