Arcade Fire on SNL

I agree. SNL is doing a better-than-average job this year of music guests.

I STILL think there's a chance Wilco could get on....I'd say Wilco has a much name recognition as the Shins and Arcade Fire.

Maybe next Fall, after Sky Blue Sky kills, Wilco will get booked.

i'm still waiting for fred armisen to return the favor to jeff and get wilco on snl. i'd never even heard of fred until i saw him in the wilco documentary. i mean, come on...they had lily allen on the show. what the hell has she done to get on there except look cute and sing a faux-reggae-tinged pop tune...did i mention she was cute...?

I agree. SNL is doing a better-than-average job this year of music guests.

I STILL think there's a chance Wilco could get on....I'd say Wilco has a much name recognition as the Shins and Arcade Fire.

Maybe next Fall, after Sky Blue Sky kills, Wilco will get booked.

why would wilco want to be on such an unfunny show?

Leno > Letterman currently. Letterman has plain given up.

I agree. Letterman just isn't funny to me anymore. I used to not like Leno cause I thought he was too mainstream, but now I like to tune in to his monologue and then see what "bit" he does afterwards. Many times he'll have comedians go somewhere and be silly. And I occassionally see Fred Willard or Gilbert Godfried be involved in a bit.

And I think SNL is unfairly bashed. I always enjoy at least 3-4 skits very much. The others are hit and miss.

Jay Leno is a rightist douchebag, and everything about him is grating. And, if it's even possible, his bandleader is even more sycophantic than Dave's. Letterman's show has devolved into pure schtick, that's true, but at least he used to be funny.

This SNL sounds like a lot of fun, though. Rainn Wilson and TAF are two of my favourite entities in the world of entertainment. Woo!

Leno is definitely left of center. And I get the feeling his wife, Maris, is a major Liberal.

But it is hard to tell based on his material...which is one reason I like him more than Letterman. I watched Lettermen for a while a few months ago, and every freaking night he had a bit about Bush....usually a 5-10 second clip where Bush says something stupid or mis-pronounces a word. Y'know....that was kinda funny the first 200 times...but seeing our President talk like a 4th grader just isn't funny anymore. Leno's show never seems to be politically driven....which I like for a late night "entertainment" show.

I still think Lettermen has a better comic sensibility than Leno (some of Leno's bits are pretty lame), but to me, Leno's show just kicks all kinds of ass against Lettermen. Which is very sad....as Lettermen was absolute king back in the days when he was on NBC.

And all this doesn't matter....as Conan is better than both of them. And O'Brien will be on the Tonight Show in about 3 years!

And all this doesn't matter....as Conan is better than both of them.

Agreed :thumbup Off-topic, but the Conan show on 2/15 had a stand-up comedian named John Mulaney....funniest 5 minutes of stand-up I've seen in awhile. If anyone here sees his name pop up around on the tube or in a club nearby, check him out.