Especially since The Police are headlining & I really want to see NMA burn the place down - Any alumni out there that can fill me in on what to expect on the ground. Shit needed etc...

Thanks...

Never been, but I live in Nashville (about 50 miles away). You can expect: Long traffic lines on I-24 (though they have gotten better), can be fairly hot and humid in early June so plenty of water, sun block, etc. Can get bad T-storms that time of year as well, so prepare for rain possibly. From what I've heard they are making a lot of improvement to the site ( I believe the organizers actually bought or will buy the property) so it's gotten better in terms of amenities, etc.

If you partake of substances keep it cool. They always, ALWAYS have some hick sherrif from the counties along I-24 on the news with some hapless fool pulled over with their dope stash displayed on the hood of the car. These stories usually run a day or two before the event starts as people are filing in.

I hope you have a great time if you go. Everyone I know that's been says it's a pretty good time. I'm to old and cranky to go to big festivals anymore....but I sure would like to see Wilco down there

I live about 2 hours (non-ROO traffic) and went to #1-#3,

The last one I saw (#3) will be the last one I see, LOL.

Go for the party not the music is the number one rule.

It simply isn't worth it. Take your top 3-5 bands you will

want to see there...now take the fact each will have a crowd

about 5-8x more people than would "normally"

be at th bands show(s).

Nope not me again. I'm a festival go-er, tenting when I must but this is by far a

"music festival". Save ya cash, insanity, etc. and catch some up close music

this summer.

I'll be the first to advocate bonnaroo. Sure, it's crowded and hot but it's a TON of fun. I went last year and I'll definitely be going again this year. It is tiring but, even with big crowds, it's easy to get up front for the tent shows. Most of the people are just casually checking bands out...they aren't fighting to be up front. there's just too much music for that. The big stage shows are harder to get up close but last year, I didn't want to see much that was happening there besides the headliners.

I'd definitely reccommend bringing some sort of soft pad or air mattress to put your sleeping bag on. You wanna make sure that the couple hours of sleep you get per night are comfortable. Also, it's nice to have lawn chairs at your camp site for when you're chillin or cooking or whatever. way better than sitting on the ground or standing.

also, the band's play pretty darn well when there's 5-8xs as many people watching...most of the best music I saw last year was at bonnaroo.

I went last year for the insane lineup, and it's definitely a very unique experience.

If you stay in a tent, you could be a 20+ min walk from Centeroo (the area with all the stages and what not). RVs get to park right outside the gate. If you take a car, there's no rhyme or reason as to how you get placed, people could show up a whole day later than you and be 8 mins outside of Centeroo, who knows why.

If you smoke pot, bring your own. It seems you can get every drug imaginable except for weed it seemed like.

The music setup wasn't bad, if you get to the stage a little early you can score a good spot. I was pretty close to a lot of the acts I got to see. Got to the main stage at the end of Elvis Costello and stayed through Beck for Radiohead, and ended up being maybe 60 yards away.

It's VERY hot. I'm from Massachusetts and was not expecting 100+ degrees every day. Bring plenty of water into Centeroo when you go in.

The music setup wasn't bad, if you get to the stage a little early you can score a good spot. I was pretty close to a lot of the acts I got to see. Got to the main stage at the end of Elvis Costello and stayed through Beck for Radiohead, and ended up being maybe 60 yards away.

see, my friend did that. and i want to know how she went the whole time without peeing.

please tell me.

see, my friend did that. and i want to know how she went the whole time without peeing.

please tell me.

She probably didn't. :ninja

I don't know...the lineup's great, and some days I feel like I really want to go, but other days (like today) it just seems like too much trouble and too expensive.

She probably didn't. :ninja

I don't know...the lineup's great, and some days I feel like I really want to go, but other days (like today) it just seems like too much trouble and too expensive.

thats crazy! to go all day without peeing amazes me.

i would of just peed right in the middle of the crowd. i damn sure wouldn't give up my spot.

i'm sorry, i ruined this thread with all the talk of pissing. my apologies.

please tell me.

It is so hot that you will be dehydrated and not need to pee. You sweat it all out. I went to ACL this year and did not pee at all during the day, depsite drinking bottle after bottle of water.

so RV's park right near the main stage or centeroo?

Not sure:

RV INFORMATION

All RVs will be parked in specifically designated, RV-only areas on the festival grounds. If you own an aircraft carrier, feel free to park it anywhere you can find a space. Just don't double park in a