Ace Frehley, Dead or Alive ?

I am partial to the riff in Parasite.

I see your point.

You probably know this - but he is a cleaned up christian dude now.

...and has a syndicated radio show. I hear some of this on the drive to work...he certainly loves to play Syd-era Floyd, nothing wrong with that!

also, the 1st live Kiss LP still is great. For me, Black Diamond has always been the one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Kiss, Dressed To Kill, Hotter Than Hell, KISS ALIVE 1, and maybe Rock and Roll Over. After that, I guess it would be Creatures of The Night and Music From The Elder. I am not all that crazy about Destroyer, Love Gun, or Alive II - although there are some songs I like on those albums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_discography#Discography

The last Kiss album I bought was Asylum in 1985.

Kiss had their moments musically, but there were certainly groups doing rock better than them at the time. I can think of maybe four or five really essential Kiss songs, which puts them far behind T. Rex in that category.

I still don't believe how anyone took them seriously. It must be an American thing. They never impacted over this side of the Atlantic as much as they did there.

Pretty big on the other side of the Pacific, though. The Japanese loved KISS. Then again, they pretty much love all music.

They certainly weren't taken "seriously" in a Stones/Beatles way. They were a Hard Rock/Pop band that appealed vastly to teenage boys.

The theatrics were a big part of the appeal. But, the tunes were decent enough, and a few tunes even appeal(-ed) to a wider audience: Rock & Roll All Night, Beth, Detroit Rock City, etc. got plenty of air time on Pop/Rock radio in the mid-late 70s.

But remember, this was an era in which Muscrat Love, Afternoon Delight, and a song about truck-driving cb'ers were all very popular in the U.S.

It's not like the well ran very deep....

Didn't the band that sang that get a Grammy for Best New Act or something that year?

A swing and a miss!

that and the fact that jethro tull once won a grammy in the metal category and wilco won theirs for an album that wasn't nearly as good as the previous album goes to show how insignificant these awards are. merely a way for the industry to slap eachother on the back and just another televised event the general public can gawk at.

The Starland Vocal Band also had a variety show on TV.

and david letterman was on it...

you should be on a game show a-man.

speaking of david letterman, his first talk show was on in the daytime right after let's make a deal, at least it was in my hometown.