• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you hippie freaks

yeah yeah yeah yeah the freaks said

man, those cats can really swing

Deep Purple, Space Truckin', Osaka 8/16/72 ---20:02

Has an epic guitar solo AND an epic organ solo! :rock

Watermellon in Easter Hay......frigging great (all of Joe's Garage is great). Every once in a while for no reason I feel the need to yell out "This is the central srcrutinizer"

Speaking also about great Dead solos, the 2nd jam on Let it Grow (9-10-74, or on disc 2 of Dick's Pick's vol.7) is incredible. Jerry fingerpicks like mad and then goes into about a 10 second burst of "The Tiger" strum. Amazing.

Hippie Freaks unite!

Every once in a while for no reason I feel the need to yell out "This is the central srcrutinizer"

Hell yeah! :cheers I actually borrowed a megaphone from work & had "The Central Scrutinizer" as my answering machine message. :lol

I suspect that ultra long guitar solos have had their day.....

LouieB

That's what lazy hipsters say because they can't write those great guitar solos or those great songs. It's a convenient "out" for the lazy and fashion-over-talent-obsessed indie scene.

That's what lazy hipsters say because they can't write those great guitar solos or those great songs. It's a convenient "out" for the lazy and fashion-over-talent-obsessed indie scene.

Yeah, you've pretty much described Louie there. It's uncanny.