Songs played live recently that didn't make the cut

that's already been released on a "b-side" of a single five years ago or so hasn't it? (i realize there are no b-sides on a cd single but thought that would make sense.)

Yeah, but they brought it back during the lead up to the album.

Yeah, but they brought it back during the lead up to the album.

true, it did cross my mind they might be thinking of that but looks like they had tons of material.

weren't there a few more songs jeff played solo recently that were new?

eah, but they brought it back during the lead up to the album.

Why in the world would this make it a candidate for inclusion on a new album? They also brought back an even more drastically rearranged Kingpin after an extended period of not playing it, but I haven't seen anybody surprised by its omission from SBS.

Why in the world would this make it a candidate for inclusion on a new album? They also brought back an even more drastically rearranged Kingpin after an extended period of not playing it, but I haven't seen anybody surprised by its omission from SBS.

That was an LP release.

You have to be the Rolling Stones to re-release a song on an LP.

Or Brian Wilson, but he goddamn reinvented Good Vibrations and Heroes and Villians to perfection. :thumbup

HANDSHAKEDRUGS.

HANDSHAKEDRUGS.

that was on the bridge ep which was download only in the usa but was hardcopy in australia i think. so technically it had been released previously and was later included on an album. however, the agib version is the only hardcopy version released in the usa. the live version also was on the agib bonus download and kt, too.

so yeh i guess it's surprising they dropped it from this release. i knew something was missing on sbs. they should have used some backward samples or something to sneak it in.

that was on the bridge ep which was download only in the usa but was hardcopy in australia i think. so technically it had been released previously and was later included on an album. however, the agib version is the only hardcopy version released in the usa. the live version also was on the agib bonus download and kt, too.

so yeh i guess it's surprising they dropped it from this release. i knew something was missing on sbs. they should have used some backward samples or something to sneak it in.

I was just pointing out that it's nothing new for this band.

Hey,

Here's a question does anyone have a link to the picture/article from Q late last year with the "rumoured" song titles for Sky Blue Sky. I'm curious if there's anything that is listed that didn't make it besides the obvious live tracks mentioned here. Same goes with Wilcoworld on the news page before it changed to the "probable" sequence. They listed possible songs on the new record. I am positive there is one song that is not on the record or been played live that was mentioned.

Thanks

Kristofor

PS Here is how the new songs came about (thanks to WilcoBase) :

1. Walken Sept 6, 2005 Milan, Italy

2. On And On And On Sept 22, 2005 Tulsa, Oklahoma

3. The Good Part March 5, 2006 Chapel Hill, North Carolina (i know it was a b-side)

4. Is That The Thanks I Get ? March 5, 2006 Chapel Hill, North Carolina (1-25-06 Tweedy Chicago, Illinois)

5. Either Way March 6, 2006 Chapel Hill, North Carolina

6. Impossible Germany June 28, 2006 Calgary, Alberta

7. What Light July 7, 2006 Toronto, Ontario

8. Let's Fight July 13, 2006 Fredericton, New Brunswick

9. Sky Blue Sky August 16, 2006 Raleigh, North Carolina (known as A Goldtoothed Lullaby For Rafter And Beams -----Tweedy Solo)

10. Let's Not Get Carried Away October 4, 2006 West Lafayette, Indiana

11. Please Be Patient With Me October 27, 2006 Urbana, Illinois (Tweedy Solo)

12. Shake It Off November 22, 2006 Madison, Wisconsin

13. Side With The Seeds November 25, 2006 Chicago, Illinois

The REAL exciting quesiton is how long until Wilco starts whipping out the songs that didn't make Sky Blue Blue in a live setting. I expect it to be pretty soon. Judging by the above, I'd say about one new track every so often.

The REAL exciting quesiton is how long until Wilco starts whipping out the songs that didn't make Sky Blue Blue in a live setting. I expect it to be pretty soon. Judging by the above, I'd say about one new track every so often.

I'm gonna go with one new track from time to time.

also, it's definitely acceptable to call them b-sides. everyone does...probably b/c the circles we run in consist of music nerds who still refer to these things as albums. sometimes when i say album, people ask me if i mean a record...

-justin

I'm definitely an album person. Probably because I was born in 1975.

it was nice to be among the first to hear "sky blue sky" at raleigh

although, at the time, he said it was a song he wrote in 03 for a friend's film...zamboni man?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398402/

It was Lullaby For Rafters and Beams as it appeared in that movie. Then eventually it became Sky Blue Sky when Glenn, Nels, John, Pat, and Mikael toyed with it. That list turned out longer than I would have hoped it would be.