U.K. pop/rock combo Squeeze has jumped on the reunion tour bandwagon and will play U.K. shows under that name this fall for the first time since 1999. Group member Glenn Tilbrook made the announcement on his Web site, saying the dates come in conjunction with an extensive Squeeze re-release campaign of which he and member Chris Difford "are really proud."

Difford told Billboard.com last month Squeeze received offers to reunite "all the time," adding, "But it has to be emotionally, spiritually and financially the right thing, and when all those planets come into line, then we will be there. At the time being, I can't see it on the horizon, but I've been wrong before."

At deadline, it is unknown if any other former Squeeze members are on-board for the reunion dates, or if the tour will visit additional cities in Europe or North America.

Here are Squeeze's U.K. tour dates:

Nov. 27: Southampton (Guildhall)

Nov. 29: Glasgow (Carling Academy)

I Think I Love My Wife

Nov. 30: Newcastle (City Hall)

Dec. 1: Wolverhampton (Civic Hall)

Dec. 3: Bristol (Colston Hall)

Dec. 4: London (Hammersmith Apollo)

Dec. 7: Manchester (Apollo)

Dec. 8: Liverpool (Philharmonic)

They should tour with Crowded House. That would be heaven.

Apparently Squeeze declined the offer. :hmm

Edited: 'Cos I realized I don't have a linky to confirm my statement but I did read this from the Frenz site...sorry for the confusion.

SQUEEZE OFFERED REUNION DATES WITH CROWDED HOUSE

British pop act SQUEEZE turned down the chance to reform for a US tour with reunited CROWDED HOUSE, but they're closer than ever to getting back together. The COOL FOR CATS hitmakers, fronted by singer/songwriters CHRIS DIFFORD and GLENN TILBROOK, were offered a lucrative deal to support Crowded House this summer (07). Difford admits the band considered a reunion but fell short of making a commitment. He says, "We get offers all the time. We got an offer to support Crowded House on their American tour, which I think would be an amazing tour, but I'm not sure Glenn and I are both in agreement about how we would do it. "I think it will happen at some stage, but I don't know if this time is the right time. We need to sit in a room and discuss it, and we've got to have concrete plans, and we have to get a booking agent. "It has to be emotionally, spiritually and financially the right thing, and when all those planets come into line, then we will be there."

Would be very cool though 'twere it to be though. :yes

It would be great to see all the former member's in the band onstage but even with Glenn and Chris it will be great. Love that band, awesome singles band.

Strangely I hardly think of them as broken up. I think of them more as just a band that stopped playing together. Unlike others, I don't think they had a personality issues, I think they just decided to call it quits.

LouieB

So, I'm assuming Jools Holland would be the most likely keyboardist ... but what's Paul Carrack up to these days? That guy is the Zelig of rock and roll. Or the Forrest Gump, or something.

So, I'm assuming Jools Holland would be the most likely keyboardist ... but what's Paul Carrack up to these days? That guy is the Zelig of rock and roll. Or the Forrest Gump, or something.

I hardly think Jools will take up the offer. What with his tv show, his big band stuff and his radio stuff he seems to be pretty busy and he has always baulked at reliving his band days.

Wonder if Jools Holland will be on board. He was the dissenter when VH1's lame Bands Reunited came calling a couple of years ago.

Opps...should have read a little further...hate pounding on a dead horse.

However, if Jules is not on board...i'm sure Paul Carrack or Don Snow could use the gig.

Strangely I hardly think of them as broken up. I think of them more as just a band that stopped playing together. Unlike others, I don't think they had a personality issues, I think they just decided to call it quits.

LouieB

From what I remember...Difford and Tilbrook may have had a falling of sort. (Even though they did have a stint as a duo)...

I love Squeeze! They should have signed up for the Crowded House reunion, that would have been an insanely fun show, except I would have wanted both bands to play for 2+ hours at least, and that isn't likely, so maybe it is better that I could have two shows to look forward to.