Traveling Wilburys albums to be reissued

I might pick up the vinyl set. Hopefully it comes with the DVD, which looks interesting.

The thing about the Wilburys is that most of their songs are kind of bad, although the hits are stellar.

For the majority of the catalog, though, you can tell that they were written mostly off-the-cuff.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that copy of Volume 1 I've seen stickered at $45 at the CD Spins on Newbury St. will never be sold after all.

I know this is an old thread, but I have seen this LP for far less than that even in recent months. The vinyl market has inflated way beyond what much of it is worth (or will be worth a couple years from now.)

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...
I won't go into how I don't like this stuff (again) - but I would like to see that video thing that is going to be on the deluxe $$$$$$$$$$$$$ version.

$19.99 at best buy for both of the records and the dvd. Not too bad. On the other hand not sure why anyone would pay for the other deluxe edition. It's $39.99 for a fancier box that is a "numbered limited edition".

$19.99 at best buy for both of the records and the dvd. Not too bad. On the other hand not sure why anyone would pay for the other deluxe edition. It's $39.99 for a fancier box that is a "numbered limited edition".

My # is.....86777!!!! :shifty

-Robert.

And I got mine fer......FREE!!!!

My # is.....86777!!!! :shifty

#27078 here

my dad also just told me that he'll send me the original copies he has, which is cool. i have no qualms with dishing out the money for this set, though. :rock

I didn't realize this was a package deal with both albums, plus DVD. I can't imagine buying this since I have the two original albums.

LouieB

I know it is tacky to quote yourself, but one of my coworkers had this package at work yesterday and it looks pretty cool. I may buy at it at some point.

LouieB

Oh and if anyone is interested in a copy of album 1 on vinyl I found two copies that can be had for $10 each. They really don't appear to be that hard to find anymore. The idea of a $40 copy of this is ridiculous...

LouieB

I picked up this re-release, mostly for the DVD. It's short, but very nice to see the recording sessions for the 1st album. Lots of comments about Bob's two songs, and a segment on Roy. Most of it is home video stuff.

The MTV videos from the 1st album look great to see again. I'm not a big fan of "Wilbury Twist" from Vol. 3, but the DVD has a new version that replaces most, but not all of the cameos from 1990. No more Milli Vanilli! Eric Idle and John Candy are still there in the beginning.

I'm pretty sure YouTube has the original video. New video is on Amazon...

I haven't listened to the CDs yet, but hear George's outtake song "Maxine" is good. Looking forward to listening this weekend.

Oh and if anyone is interested in a copy of album 1 on vinyl I found two copies that can be had for $10 each. They really don't appear to be that hard to find anymore. The idea of a $40 copy of this is ridiculous...

LouieB

How can I get my hands on the new vinyls? Anyone know? Are they being released later?