Traveling Wilburys albums to be reissued

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had crude, homemade tapes of four unfinished John Lennon songs... 'Free as a Bird,' 'Real Love,' 'Grow Old With Me,' and a minor-key piano ballad that Lynne speculates will be titled either 'Now And Then' or 'Miss You.'

'Now and Then' or 'Miss You,' the instrumental, was attempted at the second session at the same studio in February of this year, then abandoned.

Is this something one can find thanks to the Intranets?

So, is it really lame to enjoy a little ELO on the DL? :ohwell

No way Sweet Talkin' Woman. :thumbup

Is this something one can find thanks to the Intranets?

There are hundreds of Beatle/Beatles solo boots out there - I think some of those demos were on that Lennon box set a few years ago.

I have never really went after the solo stuff. I have All Things Must Pass, Band on The Run/Wings Over America, a Lennon Best-of, and a Ringo 45 - that's about it.

I'll take a look if you want.

John Lennon - Between The Lines: complete home recordings 1975-1980

do you have a bootcity account

There are hundreds of Beatle/Beatles solo boots out there - I think some of those demos were on that Lennon box set a few years ago.

I have never really went after the solo stuff. I have All Things Must Pass, Band on The Run/Wings Over America, a Lennon Best-of, and a Ringo 45 - that's about it.

fantastic album! best solo record put out by an ex-beatle imo.

I don't. I don't have many boots at all, I sort of think about getting all that Beatles stuff someday.

I'm sure it is on there - when I did a search for John Lennon there was 15 pages of results.

Don't you think it would just be the Lennon home recording, not the Anthology sessions?

I don't even know why I'm so interested; Free As A Bird & Real Love aren't my favorite tunes.

The one found is the Lennon demo - but I am sure the other stuff is out there.

The first one I saw was the tape of John and Paul in a recording studio during John's "lost weekend."

I may grab that sometime, as I am curious to what is sounds like.

The one found is the Lennon demo - but I am sure the other stuff is out there.

The first one I saw was the tape of John and Paul in a recording studio during John's "lost weekend."

I may grab that sometime, as I am curious to what is sounds like.

I bet that's where this is from - not sure how I got it (Lennon & McCartney - "Stand By Me")

I don't really care for them - becasue of what cryptique said - and because I just don't care for the songs in general.

Congratulaaaaationnnnnss....... For breaking my heart :upset

I guess that copy of Volume 1 I've seen stickered at $45 at the CD Spins on Newbury St. will never be sold after all.
Just plain stupid.....

I don't really care for them - becasue of what cryptique said - and because I just don't care for the songs in general.
I like these albums okay, although the second album is inferior to the first. I just can't even imagine what they have that will help augment what was already released, since both albums are uneven at best (but fun none the less.)

LouieB

I just can't even imagine what they have that will help augment what was already released, since both albums are uneven at best (but fun none the less.)

The reissued version of (Volume 1) includes the previously unreleased tracks "Maxine" and "Like a Ship."

Orbison died in late 1988 before a second album could be completed; it was eventually released as "Volume 3" in 1990. The set is expanded here with the B-side "Runaway" and "Nobody's Child," which was released on a benefit album for Romanian orphans.

• 2 months later...

There was something about this on Later... With Jools Holland last Fri. They had George Harrison and Roy Orbison's wives on about the new box set... they showed some of the film footage which looked quite interesting...

There was something about this on Later... With Jools Holland last Fri. They had George Harrison and Roy Orbison's wives on about the new box set... they showed some of the film footage which looked quite interesting...

Yep. That was the same show that Wilco was on. In fact, they played WAMF right after that interview ended. There is a DVD torrent of the full show on dime, if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I'll say it again: I can't wait for this set to come out!