PSA: Sopranos on tonight

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother whipped up a pretty good finale, you might get a chuckle:

Sopranos Series Finale

EXT Satriale's

Tony walks down sidewalk eating a slice of pizza, walks into store.

Guy behind counter: Hey Tony, how's it goin?

Tony: Good, good. Gimme a gabbagoo sanwich with provolone and extra mayo.

Guy: You got it Tone.

Tony: (thinks) You know what? Make that extra gabbagoo and extra provolone too.

Guy: You got it Tone.

In walks Paulie, panicking.

Paulie: Hey Skip, news all over town is Phil's gonna take us both out today. The fuck we gonna do?

Tony: (annoyed) Can't you see I'm orderin lunch here?

Paulie: But Tone!

Tony: Fuck off already.

Guy: One gabbagoo sandwich, extra everything.

Tony grabs sandwich, takes a big bite, and walks out leaving a stunned Paulie at Satriales.

Tony, driving in car eating and on phone.

Carmela (on phone): Toneee? I'm making your favorite

So, it's coming out from the hardcore fanatics that all of the characters in the diner have popped up in key episodes throughout the tenure of the series.

- The Boy Scouts were in the train store

- The trucker in the USA hat is the guy Christopher stole the DVDs from way back when

- The two african americans were the guys that shot at Tony when he was buying those dilapidated properties

there are others....

the point being that Tony's past can come back to haunt at any time. This was being discussed on the radio today.

the point being that Tony's past can come back to haunt at any time. This was being discussed on the radio today.

Interesting. Maybe the final scene is a dream.

Also since Silv is in a prolonged coma now like T in the first half of Season 6, in Silv's Kevin Finnerty-like alternate reality dream is he the guitarist for a rock and roll band?????????????? :w00t

here is the detail...

So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?)."

At first when I saw the ending, I wanted to kick the tv in. :realmad I think it was mostly because I had Journey stuck in my head all day. But seriously, after I started thinking about it, it makes sense in the way that Chase wants us to view the characters as we would be observers in peoples' everyday lives. We've just been voyeurs for the last decade. Sometimes we move out of peoples' lives and we don't know what happens to them anymore. Do we care? Sometimes. Plus, it leaves a lot to the imagination. Does the Leotardo guy come out of the can and blow Tony away? Take out the rest of the Soprano clan as well? Or do the Sopranos have a nice meal and go home? Like the song says, "the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on". I'm just glad to have caught on to this show and had the opportunity to watch it on Sunday nights. It'll be a hard ritual to break. Goodbye to the Sopranos

i just spoke to my mom about the sopranos episode and she was like "did you see Paolo in the Sopranos..." anyway, i didn't recognize him without his glasses on, and i hadn't talked to him for years, but the guy who comes in with AJ, sits on the stool to drink coffee and walks past the family to go to the restroom has been a family friend of ours for many years. i even worked at his pizzeria when i was in college. as far as i know, this is his first acting role. Paolo is from the same town outside of Naples as my family.

Tony definitely sees himself in the diner when he is walking in. I watched it again last night. That's either an editting glitch or a hint that this last scene is a dream.

My money says that Tony got shot as he was entering the diner -- he never saw it or heard it, like he told Bobby. The rest of the scene is a coma-like dream as he loses consciousness and sees his family and focuses on the good times. All the while there are elements in the diner/dream that remind him that he could never be completely happy with his family because there are always threats around him. He always has to look up at the door to see who's coming. Meadow rushes to get there and the screen goes black before she does. He dies.

Some folks said that when Tony was in the coma last time around that Meadow is the one that stopped him from entering that big house where cousin Tony was trying to get him to go. If that house represented death, then Meadow saved him that time. She didn't get there in time to save him this time.

Of course, Paul is dead too. 28 IF :)

Does the Leotardo guy come out of the can and blow Tony away?

I've seen a lot of people speculate on this and it's one thing I am pretty sure isn't a real possibility. All of the whackings have followed the Gangster Handbook to a T. Enter scene, kill target, drop weapon, leave. No one hangs around for a while and then makes the hit. If Tony was shot, it wasn't by anyone we saw in the scene earlier.

Tony definitely sees himself in the diner when he is walking in. I watched it again last night. That's either an editting glitch or a hint that this last scene is a dream.

My money says that Tony got shot as he was entering the diner -- he never saw it or heard it, like he told Bobby. The rest of the scene is a coma-like dream as he loses consciousness and sees his family and focuses on the good times. All the while there are elements in the diner/dream that remind him that he could never be completely happy with his family because there are always threats around him. He always has to look up at the door to see who's coming. Meadow rushes to get there and the screen goes black before she does. He dies.

Some folks said that when Tony was in the coma last time around that Meadow is the one that stopped him from entering that big house where cousin Tony was trying to get him to go. If that house represented death, then Meadow saved him that time. She didn't get there in time to save him this time.

Of course, Paul is dead too. 28 IF :)

This is good stuff right here.

Also, for all the people bitching with their theory that the "real" ending will be on the DVD (pfft) - Chase should release the three "alternate" endings as that exact same scene with different songs as the soundtrack - maybe "Dream Police".."Instant Karma"..."Born To Run"...I would love that.

have another onion ring.

Check out how they eat the onion rings. All in one bite. As if it were a communion. Last rites. I'm just sayin'. It fits in with what I said above...

(Paul is the only one with his back to the camera on the back of Sgt Pepper, too)

Check out how they eat the onion rings. All in one bite. As if it were a communion. Last rites. I'm just sayin'. It fits in with what I said above...

so, then I guess they're all dead. except Meadow. or Meadow did get killed and she went to hell because she didn't eat the communion onion ring.

Exactly! Why is it so hard to some people to get that? :monkey

not to mention her faulty parallel parking. that was a total analogy explaining her faulty, directionless life further indicating that she was going directly to hell.

NEWARK, N.J. - "Sopranos" fans who thought the series' open-ended conclusion was a setup for a movie may be in for disappointment: creator David Chase says it isn't so.

Chase went to France before the airing of the much-debated finale of the HBO series because he wanted to avoid what he called "all the Monday morning quarterbacking." But like a true New Jersey loyalist, he granted one interview to The Star-Ledger of Newark, which posted his comment early Tuesday on its Web site.

"I don't think about (a movie) much," he told the paper. "I never say never. An idea could pop into my head where I would go, `Wow, that would make a great movie,' but I doubt it.

"I'm not being coy," he added. "If something appeared that really made a good `Sopranos' movie and you could invest in it and everybody else wanted to do it, I would do it. But I think we've kind of said it and done it."

Chase said he would leave it to fans to interpret the show's last scene for themselves. It featured the members of the Soprano family arriving for dinner as Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" plays. Others in the restaurant include a man in a Member's Only jacket who goes to the bathroom, which some fans have interpreted as a nod to the scene in "The Godfather" in which Michael Corleone retrieves a gun from the bathroom before a shooting.

As the music and tension build, the screen suddenly goes silent and dark.

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there," said Chase, 61, who grew up in North Caldwell.

"People get the impression that you're trying to (mess) with them, and it's not true. You're trying to entertain them," he said. "Anybody who wants to watch it, it's all there."

Another problem with a movie is that so many characters died in the last season. Chase said he has considered "going back to a day in 2006 that you didn't see, but then (Tony's children) would be older than they were then and you would know that Tony doesn't get killed. It's got problems."

Chase also elaborated on how he decided to make the Journey classic the last music played on the series.

"It didn't take much time at all to pick it, but there was a lot of conversation after the fact. I did something I'd never done before: In the location van, with the crew, I was saying, `What do you think?' When I said, `Don't Stop Believin',' people went, `What? Oh my God!'

"I said, `I know, I know, just give a listen,' and little by little, people started coming around."

Chase mentioning that Tony "doesn't get killed" in there kinda kills a liotta theories, hah?