PSA: Sopranos on tonight

why bother. it was boring.

I am really hesitant to chide somebody over a heartfelt opinion, but I must admit I am puzzled at your reaction.

What have you been watching all these years? Chase has shown us that it isn't about Goodfella style gangsterism totally. The show has always been about Tony's descent into the evil of 'this this of ours'. At the beginning he may have had a conscience...some regrets. But by the end he is left with the banality of his family life juxtaposed with the violence and evil of his 'professional life'. We didn't know what was going to happen right up to the black screen.

I ain't drinking cool aid, I simply fell that this was a masterful ending to a masterful work.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know what would have been a cool ending? If Tony had gotten whacked, then you see him standing kind of ghostlike in Holsten's restaurant, with a ghostlike Bobby on one side, and a ghostlike Christopher on the other, and they're all smiling at AJ, who's holding a lightsaber, and then the big John Williams score swells up and they fade to black. That would be cool.

Y'know what would have been a cool ending? If Tony had gotten whacked, then you see him standing kind of ghostlike in Holsten's restaurant, with a ghostlike Bobby on one side, and a ghostlike Christopher on the other, and they're all smiling at AJ, who's holding a lightsaber, and then the big John Williams score swells up and they fade to black. That would be cool.

Not enough closure there, sorry.

What have you been watching all these years? Chase has shown us that it isn't about Goodfella style gangsterism totally. The show has always been about Tony's descent into the evil of 'this this of ours'. At the beginning he may have had a conscience...some regrets. But by the end he is left with the banality of his family life juxtaposed with the violence and evil of his 'professional life'. We didn't know what was going to happen right up to the black screen.

I dunno if Tony descended that much. Has he really changed that much from the beginning of the series? He still lied, murdered (remember the Season 1 garroting on Meadow's college trip), cheated on Carmella with goomahs, etc. Maybe obtained some self-revelation through therapy, but as Melfi found out, it inevitably allowed Tony to further justify his behaviors in the end. The scene where Tony starts spilling about his mother in AJ's therapy is telling in this regard - he'll always play the "my mother was abusive" card long after Melfi's out of the picture.

So outside of Tony's "spiritual awakening" after he was shot (which lasted - what - two episodes?) and his "I get it!" peyote trip (again, temporary / false sense of greater wisdom), he remains the same guy at the beginning of the series as at the end.

I am really hesitant to chide somebody over a heartfelt opinion, but I must admit I am puzzled at your reaction.

I ain't drinking cool aid, I simply fell that this was a masterful ending to a masterful work.

then we just feel differently about the ending. in my opinion, this last episode was BORING. MY OPINION! half way through the episode, I WAS BORED!!! I HATED IT! again, MY OPINION! sorry that's so puzzling for some of you, but that's the way it is.

then we just feel differently about the ending. in my opinion, this last episode was BORING. MY OPINION! half way through the episode, I WAS BORED!!! I HATED IT! again, MY OPINION! sorry that's so puzzling for some of you, but that's the way it is.

The only problem with your opinion is that it's wrong. :yes

:thumbup funny....

only thing to make it truly "Lucas-ian" would be to superimpose Daniel Baldwin's face on top of Tony's when the DVDs are released.

I could be dead wrong but I thought Jess had a naked, jiggly walking ass for her avatar for a few hours before admins pulled the plug. It was a beauty while it lasted.

until the mods took it away, yes, yes I was.

now what does that have to do with whether or not Tony is alive or dead? does the fade to black mean he's alive? will the sun rise tomorrow? is grass green? I want answers people!

it didn't fade to black, it abruptly cut to black. see, you really do need to watch it again.

I didn't pay attention to the credits so I can't confirm this, but apparently the guy in the diner who went to the can near the end was listed as "Nick Leotardo". Of course, I read this info on the internet, which means there's at least a 50% chance it is total horseshit.

until the mods took it away, yes, yes I was.

now what does that have to do with whether or not Tony is alive or dead? does the fade to black mean he's alive? will the sun rise tomorrow? is grass green? I want answers people!

Just pray Chase, Gandolfini and whomever else owns the rights to the Sopranos decide to make another chapter.

Until then, you're playing this:

wallpaper800x600.jpg

And praying to unlock a hidden scene that reveals the true end to the show.

it didn't fade to black, it abruptly cut to black. see, you really do need to watch it again.

:rotfl