Pedal used on "You Are My Face"?

This is the sound of a small tube amp being turned up all the way. like a tweed fender 5e3 deluxe, or a gibson les paul amp. there is nothing like it until you experience it. Your volume control controls how clean the signal is, so most of the time you keep it on like 4, so it sounds nice, but then you throw it to ten and.......BAAMM.

It gives me goose bumps!

Yeah, I'm guessing the recorded version is a cranked small tube amp. Live, it'd probably be using his RX Overdriver to push his amp, although I've seen some pics floating around with Jeff using a 15 W Swart Atomic Space Tone live in addition to the trusty Vox, so maybe he would use that for the solo.

• 3 weeks later...

His recording setup for this is probably pretty similar to aGiB, which was a small amp, CRANKED with P&C. That's on At Least That's What You Said anyways. This album was recorded in more a "live" style at the loft though, whereas aGiB was recorded at Sears Sound. I'm guessing Jeff probably used more of his own equipment (ie Vox AC30) rather than some special little amp. But no one will really know will they??

It sounds like a P&C to me though.

am i the only person who was left disapointed after hearing a P&C in the flesh, i got the guy in the store to show me how it worked and it just didnt seem to do much, just made some slighty synthy squelches

its funny cos the second i mentioned it he knew i must be a tweedy nut, and said Jeff had actually been in the store recently to buy a pickup

which i suppose adds up what with him being in the UK recently

anyone have the RX overdriver, id love to be able to get that ALTWYS tone

I used to have an RX Overdriver, it's cool for what it does, but it doesn't really have a broad range of sounds available. With me, for most of the drive range it was just mostly a fairly clean boost or light overdriven sound. Then, at around 3 o'clock, it turned into a fuzzy overdrive, with increasing fuzziness in the 4-5 o'clock range. Some of that may have been because I was running my amp pretty clean and I was trying to use the Overdrive as an overdrive by itself. I could see it working better (in an overdrive sense) pushing an amp that's on the edge of breaking up, or in conjunction with another gain pedal. I did like the fuzzy overdrive, but for the price I paid for it, it didn't really seem worth it at the time. VintageFX sells a $99 clone of the Colorsound Overdriver (called the Colordrive) that sounds pretty similar to the Overdriver based on the sound samples, so that might be a cheaper alternative.

cheers, if i see one in a store ill have a look...i just got a t-rex overdrive though that does a really awesome crazy horse kinda thing and i can get pretty close to tweedy with that, theres just something really special about his tone on that record though

does anyone know if there is a pedal for taking all the bass out of your tone, like a bass cut or something

i do it all the time on my amp to get really snarly horrid lead tones but it would be awesome if there was a little pedal that could do it

If you want to take the bass out of your signal, probably an EQ pedal is the way to go. The Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ is pretty good and really cheap. That, or get a treble booster for your leads and adjust your amp accordingly.

I don't know if VintageFX stuff is in stores, you can find it online at PedalsPlus.

Speaking of Crazy Horse, I find this pedal the other day by Durham Electronics called, um, the Crazy Horse. Based on the sound samples, it might be an appropriate name. If I could afford one, I'd get one right now.

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/...drhm-crzhrs.htm

Expensive as hell, but damn it sound pretty awesome. :rock

woo post 1111