A.M. is fun, and got some hidden gems, often over looked, but not best dbut ever, sorry.

SOUTHEASTERN CT, where you guys all from, I was raised in mystic and went to school in New London but I am in southwestern VA for now. I will be up that way soon though but only for a little and then Burlington VT. I do not want to go back to CT for too long for awhile I am afriad to say

I like A.M. quite a lot, but Trace is much, much better.

I would most definitely second that emotion...

However, Being There is light years better than Straightaways.

There are probably thousands of better debut albums.
There are alot of good ones. Take the first Buffalo Springfield for example. Often debut albums are the material a band has been playing for years, so there is alot of thought and work put into them. After they get the record contract they have to start making up new stuff. (Did any one say Liz Phair.....how about the Monkees)

LouieB

A.M. is fun, and got some hidden gems, often over looked, but not best dbut ever, sorry.

SOUTHEASTERN CT, where you guys all from, I was raised in mystic and went to school in New London but I am in southwestern VA for now. I will be up that way soon though but only for a little and then Burlington VT. I do not want to go back to CT for too long for awhile I am afriad to say

where at? i'm originally from Southwest VA and now live in Richmond...

-justin

Who else thinks Straightaways is just downright bad? I almost never hear people talk about this album, so I'm probably not alone on this one...

(Farrar haters need not apply, as y'all'd only pollute the opinion pool.)

I like Straightaways a lot, too.

How convenient, my first post is now tied to AM.

AM is a fine album, and yes, Trace is as well.

As for it bing the greatest debut of all time......that is completely and totally subjective. Why, one could even make the argument that AM is not a debut at all, but simply a revamping of an existing band line-up with the debut being Being There. Not that I subscribe to this theory.