Has Wilco evolved too much to play any of these cuts live? I'm giddy with excitement for the official release of SBS (though have version from web stream and a promo copy from friend in WEA distribution, and am anxiously awaiting copy I ordered online) but continue to be enamored with their first cd, listening to it regularly. IMO it is equal to all the other Wilco releases, no question, and one of the best debuts in music history (I'm often accused of hyperbole when it comes to Wilco, but this time I really think it's true!).

Hmm..better debut albums....

The Beatles - Please Please Me

The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys

Arcade Fire - Funeral

Belle and Sebastian - Tigermilk

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Menomena - I am the FUN Blame Monster!

Sonic Youth - Confusion is Sex

Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Neutral Milk Hotel - On Avery Island

Guided By Voices - Devil Between My Toes

Band of Horses - Everything All the Time

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary

Well...yea, I dont like A.M. that much. I find it really boring and redundant. I do, however, respect Wilco's roots/inspirations.

So, if there's anything more to say about AM, please feel free.

I've always felt that Wilco's "A.M." album is their #1 LP, chronologically speaking. :stunned

This might sound a little jacked up,but I truely feel Summerteeth was their 1st lp.AM=Leftover UT material,still great though!

I don't think CYHSY debut is that great. There's a couple of good songs and that's it. But Sonic Youth's is pretty fantastic debut as you have mentioned, though I often think their first self title EP is their debut.

But I think A.M. is a great album: killer hooks, drumming, riffs, and Brian Henneman.

But Sonic Youth's is pretty fantastic debut as you have mentioned, though I often think their first self title EP is their debut.

yeah I know SY refers to it as their debut and don't really call it an ep. not that it matters really tho.

Arcade Fire - Funeral

Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Guided By Voices - Devil Between My Toes

Band of Horses - Everything All the Time

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary

I like A.M. better than all of these. Of the ones I deleted from your list, I either like those better or don't know them.

A.M. was a great debut, but it wasn't even Jeff's best. No Depression was better.

Here are a few other superior debuts that come to mind... (in my opinion, naturally)

The Band

The Beautiful South

Big Star

The Clash

Elvis Costello

Marshall Crenshaw

Jimi Hendrix

Iron & Wine

The Jesus & Mary Chain

Led Zeppelin

Moby Grape

Graham Parker

Tom Petty

R.E.M.

Stiff Little Fingers

Television

The Velvet Underground

Ok, I've read through these responses and I've got one thing to say:

You guys are right, I've lost my musical marbles, am out of my fooking mind. I used to have musical perspective and knowledge, but that's all gone. Damn you Jeff Tweedy for ruining me! (musically speaking):realmad

On the other hand, I can't say I've ever been so satisfied by the music of one artist and, to be honest, kind of like the singular musical vision. In my warped musical world, AM is the best debut of all time, or maybe tied with No Depression...

:pirate :lol