ANDREW BIRD LIVE NOW AND REGINA and arcade fire coming up

oooooohhhhhhhhh! thanks for bringing this to my attention!!!!

anyone else not get all the hype around regina spektor?

Thanks for the info, but listening to Andrew Bird is like chalk on a blackboard. Five years from now he will be irrelevent.

considering he's been releasing records under his own name for over 10 years now...

considering he's been releasing records under his own name for over 10 years now...

Yes you are right, but he has only been the soup dujour for the last couple of records, this fascination for his music which I fail to see will fade to be replaced by another artist who has nothing to say of relevance.

Yes you are right, but he has only been the soup dujour for the last couple of records, this fascination for his music which I fail to see will fade to be replaced by another artist who has nothing to say of relevance.

on here maybe...

while i can't say i've been into him since '97, i first saw Bowl of Fire in '00...

anywho, who gives a shit about "relevance", great music is great music, no matter what. plenty of people don't "get" Dylan either, that doesn't make him any less amazing...

your arguments are tired and without little thought or merit behind them and i'd imagine that most anyone who reads them just laughs and finds you to be a troll for the most part. i think it's funny that out of ALL the music talked about on here, that Andrew Bird of all people gets called out by some idiot as "all hype" :rotfl

on here maybe...

while i can't say i've been into him since '97, i first saw Bowl of Fire in '00...

anywho, who gives a shit about "relevance", great music is great music, no matter what. plenty of people don't "get" Dylan either, that doesn't make him any less amazing...

your arguments are tired and without little thought or merit behind them and i'd imagine that most anyone who reads them just laughs and finds you to be a troll for the most part. i think it's funny that out of ALL the music talked about on here, that Andrew Bird of all people gets called out by some idiot as "all hype" :rotfl

Relevance has nothing to do about the music, yes his music may be interesting, but he has nothing to say of substance. His lyrics are shallow and obtuse and show no relevance to the world we live in.. The comparison to Dylan is a weak one on your part because he was and for the most part remains relevent, which has to do with the lyrics not the music.

You like to throw personel insults around which is ok, because you can hid behind a forum post. You as demonstrated by your comments above have a very limited understanding of the difference between music and lyrics. My suggestion to you is maybe taking a music 101 class at a college near you and maybe after completing that course you could carry on an intelligent conversation regarding this topic. Until then you should refrain from responding about something that is beyond your intellegence.

Relevance has nothing to do about the music, yes his music may be interesting, but he has nothing to say of substance. His lyrics are shallow and obtuse and show no relevance to the world we live in.. The comparison to Dylan is a weak one on your part because he was and for the most part remains relevent, which has to do with the lyrics not the music.

You like to throw personel insults around which is ok, because you can hid behind a forum post. You as demonstrated by your comments above have a very limited understanding of the difference between music and lyrics. My suggestion to you is maybe taking a music 101 class at a college near you and maybe after completing that course you could carry on an intelligent conversation regarding this topic. Until then you should refrain from responding about something that is beyond your intellegence.

wow you're a piece of work... i'm not "hiding behind" anything, dozens of people on here know me personally and have met me...

first, i didn't compare him to Dylan, what would be idiotic, i was simply making a point that just because YOU don't "get" Andrew's music, doesn't mean his music isn't great, that's it.

so according to you, the only good music is music whose lyrics are relevant to modern society and "deep". how are his lyrics "shallow" by the way? because they're at times humrous, clever, & quirky? if that's the case, apparently about 90% of all music has "shallow" lyrics, which may not be far off, but then that would mean by your definition, 90% of all music sucks...

i'm not throwing around a personal insult here, your behavior and comments are that of a troll (if you don't know what a troll is in internet lingo, google it). your IP resolves to another known troll's other Via account, so excuse me for being "suspect".

and your last insult is so fucking hilarious i don't even know how to respond, other than i've been playing music over 18 years (i'm 29), so i'll pass on your "Music 101" ofer... :rotfl. as for your "intelligent music conversation", anyone who searches your posts will see just how engaging and "deep" your "intelligent music conversation" has to offer on here so far... at least we both like The National and Guster (which the fact that you like Guster a lot, yet find Andrew's lyrics "shallow" is really REALLY amusing to me).