my only small very minor minute complaint - the bonus disc is quite difficult to get out

i think i've read a lot of people mentioning Cherry Bomb but Don't You Evah is the song i keep replaying.

the talkback dialog is hilarious. can anyone make out what Britt is saying at the end of Cherry Bomb leading into track 4? is it something about a shaker?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AOL is streaming the album in its entirety here: clicky!

It may bring up the new Smashing Pumpkins first, but the new Spoon is the third disc. I'll put another plug in for the new They Might Be Giants album which is also being streamed at the site.

So apparently it would be a good idea to be one of the first 150 people to buy the new album at Amoeba in L.A. tomorrow.

dude, please keep this under your hat. i'm going to try to get there in time. wish me luck!

dude, please keep this under your hat. i'm going to try to get there in time. wish me luck!

Good luck. I wish I could be there.

(I couldn't figure out how to mention this without ... you know, mentioning it. So I opted to be vague.)

The Onion gave GaGaGaGaGa a B+.....below is their write-up.

(I agree with almost everything...except I still think Series of Sneaks is their best)

"Don't Make Me A Target," the first song on Spoon's sixth album, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, doesn't just sound like a retread of ground Spoon has already covered, it sounds like a retread of ground the band covered 10 years ago. Not until late in the song, when Britt Daniel stops singing and the band starts jamming, does "Don't Make Me A Target" start to sound fresher

also a really big fan of finer feelings, but that weird bit about 2/3 of the way thru the song just kills the momentum everytime i listen to it. wish they'd cut that bit out.

i agree, i don't understand that random bit. if it transitioned to a total different part of the song a la Buffalo Springfield era Neil Young then that would be cool, but i don't get it.

i'm also not sharing the extreme love of Cherry Bomb. the vocals are too distorted and it's not melodic enough. i like the 60's-ish background but don't like the vox/melody.

got my preorder today.

-band signed 7" with Underdog demo and non-album track with super long title

apparently Britt signs his name, "BD."

I got mine yesterday. The cover of the 7" was ripped :( and then not all of the members signed on the same side. Sigh. I was going to frame it. not so much now

I got mine yesterday. The cover of the 7" was ripped :( and then not all of the members signed on the same side. Sigh. I was going to frame it. not so much now

were you in the first 200 or after - thinking maybe they gave someone close a messed up one.

Free Spoon show in battery park tonight for all you NYC people. River2River festival. I'll be the one there with a big grin.

Spoon!

I've been looking forward to this show since it was announced. However, we are getting nasty thunderstorms and it is pouring in NYC right now. I don't think it's going to happen tonight.

I've been looking forward to this show since it was announced. However, we are getting nasty thunderstorms and it is pouring in NYC right now. I don't think it's going to happen tonight.

Yeah, I am scouring the internets for updates. But I am looking out my window, and I dont see how this show goes on. It is pitch black out and thunderstorming.

Yeah, I am scouring the internets for updates. But I am looking out my window, and I dont see how this show goes on. It is pitch black out and thunderstorming.

I've been monitoring Brooklyn Vegan in hopes someone in the comments knows what's going on. Spoon Thread

It's amazing that the River to River website has no phone number to contact in case of something like this. I am hoping they have the good sense to postpone the show and maybe the band can play tomorrow night. They are on Letterman tonight. It won't be the same but it's better than nothing.