Brian Jonestown Massacre

I love 'em. Anton Newcombe is a genius.

....especially during his stage banters:

"...fuck.........fucking........fucker.........fucked.........."

Because this is SO genius, he's going on like that for 20 mins before having played a single note of music. :yucky

OK, I need some help. What's the name of the movie w/ BJM & the Dandy Warhols? And is it good? I'd kinda like to see it.

I saw DIG and thought Brian Jonestown Massacre was very talented and that their "failure" to obtain a level of popularity to that of the Dandy Warhols revolved around the fact that Anton was a huge asshole.

I saw DIG and thought Brian Jonestown Massacre was very talented and that their "failure" to obtain a level of popularity to that of the Dandy Warhols revolved around the fact that Anton was a huge asshole.

I saw that movie and it really made me want to check out BJM's music since people called him a genius for the whole thing. Having heard a bunch of their music I cannot for the life of me figure out what those people are talking about. Poor singing and totally derivitive music.

....especially during his stage banters:

"...fuck.........fucking........fucker.........fucked.........."

Because this is SO genius, he's going on like that for 20 mins before having played a single note of music. :yucky

Different strokes...

Love the band, Anton is clearly on another level, Greg Shaw isn't too far off when he implies he's a megalomaniac in Dig!, but he's written some fine music and any band with a tambourine player (Joel was my avatar for the first half of the year) is all right by me.

--Mike