secret nyc wilco show?

I haven't heard any.

sorry.

[ducks.]

but let's start some, they're playing letterman next week, why can't we be lucky enough to have them show up somewhere? or who is else is playing that they could sit in on...? I'm seeing spank rock next week, maybe nels will be there. :stunned

but here's mine:

so I hear that on the way to playing some late night gig at the living room or piano's, jeff will be stopping by my east village patio for a bbq and a real quick acoustic performance of a few requests. menu requests, jeff?

The Hideout Block party one year I turned around and Tweedy, Bennett, Edward Burch and Leroy Bach were on stage. They played mostly Bach/Burch songs, but I thought I remembered via Chicago done with Jeff on vocals, Jay on drums and then later Tweedy on drums for a song or two.

http://www.wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=634 doesn't list via Chicago? I swear they played a hazy, lazy Summer afternoon in Chicago version of it with Jeff on vocals and 'lectric guitar, Burch on keys, Leroy on bass, Jay on drums.

There weren't that many people there as it was an earlier afternoon set. IIRC.

I also recall an excited Leroy wanting to continue to play as it was going pretty well and Jay Bennett in a sorta curt manner saying "just play the set."