Smashing Pumpkins Residencies...

I think it's pretty cool for them to do that. I was a fan in the 90's and I'm always pleased to see them trying things, be "artistic".

The thing with the Pumkins and Corgan is that deep down is a folk pop songwriter. I believe it's were his true talent is (Mayonaise,1979, The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete,Let Me Give the World to You, or all those great acoustic Zwan songs that were so much better than the released L.P.) but he thinks he has to appeal to all those emo kids and the people that goes to see the Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance , Linkin Park and so on.

As he got older he became pathetic as he attemped to "Rock". I know "teenage angst has paid off well" but the new L.P., if he goes for the rock thing, will be a laborious and ridiculous come back that might only satisfied the 90's nostalgics. And don't get me started on all his metaphisical nonsense. I'm not really looking forward to this release.

But anyway, this anouncement is quite pleasing. It's interesting to change the pace of 1 city/1 gig/the hits . It gives the feeling that the music still matters it's not just buisness and that's a good point for Mr Corgan.

I heard the new pumpkins are going to allow taping, so hopefully I can listen to some of these off of bt.

Also, Just connecting the dots, but maybe they will play the hideout block party this year since it is in conjunction with the metro's anniversary theme?

so, yeah, I am super-excited. I never got to see the pumpkins and considering I live less than 50 miles away and I frequent Asheville, this is a blessing from god. Hate all you guys want on the pumpkins but for the fans it's really awesome, esp. for a smalll-time tour stop like asheville.

I think it's pretty cool for them to do that. I was a fan in the 90's and I'm always pleased to see them trying things, be "artistic".

The thing with the Pumkins and Corgan is that deep down is a folk pop songwriter. I believe it's were his true talent is (Mayonaise,1979, The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete,Let Me Give the World to You, or all those great acoustic Zwan songs that were so much better than the released L.P.) but he thinks he has to appeal to all those emo kids and the people that goes to see the Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance , Linkin Park and so on.

As he got older he became pathetic as he attemped to "Rock". I know "teenage angst has paid off well" but the new L.P., if he goes for the rock thing, will be a laborious and ridiculous come back that might only satisfied the 90's nostalgics. And don't get me started on all his metaphisical nonsense. I'm not really looking forward to this release.

But anyway, this anouncement is quite pleasing. It's interesting to change the pace of 1 city/1 gig/the hits . It gives the feeling that the music still matters it's not just buisness and that's a good point for Mr Corgan.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this.

Who rocked harder than the Pumpkins?? They were ALL about the rock. All those newer bands you mentioned sound exactly like the Pumpkins, not the other way around. He influenced THEM. Yes, we know Billy can write pretty, softer stuff but look what his "fans" did to them when he tried that (Adore/Future Inbrace).

Now that most of his fans are older, I do think it will be a shame if all the new disc displays is the screaming angst thing but it seems to be working for Trent Rezner so what do I know. I still think The Pumpkins were the most talented band to come out of the 90's so I will always great new Billy material with anticipation.

so, yeah, I am super-excited. I never got to see the pumpkins and considering I live less than 50 miles away and I frequent Asheville, this is a blessing from god. Hate all you guys want on the pumpkins but for the fans it's really awesome, esp. for a smalll-time tour stop like asheville.

That will be an awesome expierence for you. How many shows do you plan on going to...I was just thinking if Wilco did this in NYC...I would probably go to 5 or so! :dancing

The thing with the Pumkins and Corgan is that deep down is a folk pop songwriter.

Any word on what sound they're leaning to? I'm hopeful that they're moving back towards a Gish/SD/MC sound...

That will be an awesome expierence for you. How many shows do you plan on going to...I was just thinking if Wilco did this in NYC...I would probably go to 5 or so! :dancing

2-3 will be about all I can swing. I am taking 12 credit hours of graduate work this summer, so I will be overwhelmed if I go to them all, not to mention broke.

It a male and a female from no-name indie bands. I believe their bands were in california though. May be wrong on that on though.

i thought one of the guys was a session dude from Chicago, but i forget... really doesn't matter as it's not originals anyhow

Ginger Reyes (I think) aka Ginger Halo? Blond bass player.

Jeff Schneider from the Lassie Foundation.

Ginger had a song on the Freaky Friday soundtrack (?!?) Sounds like music by Kelly Clarkson to my ears.

I may have seen a clip of Schneider somewhere. I don't know if it was ever confirmed which dude it was in the band photo, but he may be from an Asian family.

I guess the idea is that if you squint while watching them it will "kind of" look like the Smashing Pumpkins. None of them played on the record.