GloNo review of SBS

GloNo review of SBS

Don't let a passing listen fool you into skipping what is a slight return to the elements that made Wilco great. Sky Blue Sky is a sleeper album; the kind that is fast disappearing in this hyper-saturated digital world.

Contrary to what major labels might tell you' date=' the real danger in unfettered peer-to-peer file sharing is not that it might spell the end of the record industry as we know it, but that with so much music at our finger tips we might not take the time to stop and listen. There may not be any sleeper hits anymore, and that would be a shame.[/quote']

I think anyone who frequents this board and has a "copy" of SBS, and does not go out and buy this album (providing they don't HATE it) this week....sucks.

I'll probably be buying this on Saturday. does that work for you?

I think anyone who frequents this board and has a "copy" of SBS, and does not go out and buy this album (providing they don't HATE it) this week....sucks.

i'm purchasing mine in about 45 minutes. i'm going for the bonus dvd version.

this will be at least the 3rd time in the last 3 albums that i've purchased the new wilco on it's release date.

I've had the copy for quite a while. I'm counting the days until my SBS LP+CD arrives and I see the band live three times in the space of a week!! Hamburg, Dresden and Gent!! :dancing

great review, derek. :D

I bought two, and a new copy of Being There for good measure.

what's wrong with today, like now. it's lunch time and a beautiful day. (at least on this side of the river)

TEH DO IT!!

I would buy it today, but there are no record stores around here, downtown that is, that I'm aware of. besides, I will be purchasing it from a local record shop in Hoboken. I'll be doing my part to support the locals.

I would buy it today, but there are no record stores around here, downtown that is, that I'm aware of. besides, I will be purchasing it from a local record shop in Hoboken. I'll be doing my part to support the locals.

Ah tunes I suppose? What a great store! :thumbup

i'm purchasing mine in about 45 minutes. i'm going for the bonus dvd version.

this will be at least the 3rd time in the last 3 albums that i've purchased the new wilco on it's release date.

I went with the Bonus DVD thingy. It's a great watch. They will probably be up for best packaging again at the Grammy's. This is a good 'un.

I went with the Bonus DVD thingy. It's a great watch. They will probably be up for best packaging again at the Grammy's. This is a good 'un.

i can't wait to see it when i get home.

i like the group shot of the band in the loft in the booklet and the individual black and white photos of the guys.

the packaging is cool. i see jeff is getting a design credit too.

The greatest danger I see for the future is a leaning too far into 70s puss-rock softness or a total regression into nursery rhymes. Neither of which are found on Sky Blue Sky but the inklings are there.

:yes