I was amazed at the jump in quality from the rip to when I first dropped the needle on the LP, and when I first loaded the CD in my car. Night & Day, almost.

am listening to mine now (cd). BUTTER!! maybe it's all in my head, but wow what a difference!

so i broke down and put the cd in rather than wait for my turntable to get fixed. i was certain something was wrong after a few songs, nels was on the wrong side. long story short, i've had my cd left and right cables switched for 5 months now and not noticed it till now. duh. so i'm listening from the start again, except with wife interruptions, and it sounds a lot better. :thumbup

Does anyone else hear a hissing noise at the start of Impossible Germany? Could it be a result of recording to analog tape? For some reason it is really noticeable (and annoying). Other than that, SBS is starting to grow on me.

Guest Jules
Does anyone else hear a hissing noise at the start of Impossible Germany? Could it be a result of recording to analog tape? For some reason it is really noticeable (and annoying). Other than that, SBS is starting to grow on me.

Nope.

Really Fucking LOUD!!! :dancing

Ok, Johnny, I have it up to 11 and the neighbors have started circulating the petition....I agree that loud is definitely called for. I think I may be beginning to go deaf in my left ear though, the one toward the player.

Worth it, though! :thumbup

I'm crankin' SBS at work RIGHT NOW and my work mates are popping up like meerkats over the cubicle dividers going, "Ooh, that's cool!". And I'm all like, "Whatevs. Losers." Nah, I love my colleagues. They have good taste in music. Although someone just said, "I thought Wilco were like ART ROCK or something. This sounds like old people's music." Dude. WTF???

What is it with young people >25?

Little bastards. This from a guy with a wedge haircut. ART ROCK. Well, I never. Now pumping - Side With The Seeds through crappy desktop speakers - still sounds great. Man - this album is unreal.

I'm crankin' SBS at work RIGHT NOW and my work mates are popping up like meerkats over the cubicle dividers going, "Ooh, that's cool!".

This is such a great image! :lol We just visited the meerkats at the San Diego Wild Animal Park last weekend, and had a hard time tearing ourselves away as they alternately took turns playing sentinel or dug hole after hole into the pitted ground. If SBS had been playing, we'd probably still be standing beside their exhibit. :yes

I didn't even listen to the stream... I waited patiently for the CD to be sold at my locally owned record shop like a good girl :-D I do know that you lose a little of the clarity in the compression and stuff it takes to get a CD rip out on the Internet, and I'm glad that in the past, Wilco fans have shown their impressive loyalty by buying the CD no matter how easily available the music is on the 'Net.