A Lyrical Assist

Jeff: "When we're not sure we're not alone"

A kidsmokian translation: We think maybe there's somebody else around here. (Maybe we're just a little paranoid, but hey, let's check the coat closet and behind the shower curtain anyway.)

This has been a kidsmoke Public service Announcement. You're welcome. :)

I was musing over that one yesterday myself. Thanks for explicating it.

Also, I keep bursting into a giggling fit when I listen to "Shake It Off" because the first time I heard the lyrics as:

When I

A kidsmokian translation: We think maybe there's somebody else around here. (Maybe we're just a little paranoid, but hey, let's check the coat closet and behind the shower curtain anyway.)

Thanks Donna, I had wondered about that line...

How about some "kidsmokian translation" for these? Just for grins and giggles :lol

"Of ordinary beehives"... can there be sure a thing?

"When everybody's feeling all alone, Can't tell you who I am"

"Toward the shadows tracing bones"

"A gift given accidentally"

But Jeff likes ambiguity and double meanings, hints, etc, so maybe the alternate possibility he wanted to hint at was that when we are uncertain in life, we are not alone, as if there was a comma after "sure". I know I sound like a geek, but I like thinking about this stuff. What else is there to do?

But Jeff likes ambiguity and double meanings, hints, etc, so maybe the alternate possibility he wanted to hint at was that when we are uncertain in life, we are not alone, as if there was a comma after "sure". I know I sound like a geek, but I like thinking about this stuff. What else is there to do?

That was my first take on those lyrics, and it made me feel good to hear them!