Because I'm kind of a geek

So... I have nothing better to do than screw around with JavaScript at 1 in the morning, and I like Wilco fans and I like chatting... Who wants to chat? I built a chat page.

If people actually use it I could add pictures and stuff or something. I did this for another message board in the past and lots of hilarity ensued.

So, here's the URL if you're interested...

Clicky!

sorry, forgot to mention that you'll probably have to install the Akiva chat software... it takes like half a second and doesn't take up a lot of space on your computer. But yeah, just so you know, it's not a virus or anything haha

:lol

a via chicago chat room would be pretty cool, although i don't know how happy many of our bosses (boss's? boss') would be...

that reminds me how happy i am to not have a boss.

sorry to rub it in....

Do you need a microphone-speaker set up for this? Sorry I'm behind the curve on BT.IM,chat tech etc......

-Robert.

You need to build a huge transmitter in your back garden.

> You need to build a huge transmitter in your back garden.

the guys in the house behind mine have this huge-arse satelite dish on their roof that looks like it can make radio contact wiith Jupiter

You can actually download the transmitter and it installs itself on your back lawn... no kidding! :shifty

No really, it prompts you to download some software for AKiva, but it's a very small file and it just takes a second to install.

Stuff about the chat:

-It's IRC based so most IRC cmmands are applicable.

-You can choose your text color

-you can register your name with a password

-There's a huge list of animated smileys

-From this room, a list of other rooms on the server is accessible

-I can record transcripts for this room and email them out if you missed something or something funny happened. In other rooms I've built in the past, I had a web page of funny quotes taken from the transcripts. One of the regular chatters there told me she printed the page out and put it on her bedroom wall because it made her laugh.