The Loft rooftop concert

Ok, so I finally got around to watching the DVD "Shake It Off" and I started to think about how this great band jams inside this building while the outside world is unfazed. Knowing that neighborhood my whole life, I think it would be very interesting if Wilco went to roof ala the Beatles and played a mini set. My guess is the people around there wouldn't bat an eye. Maybe a handful of people would gather around.

BTW, during the credits they show a restaurant that was a great under-age bar during my college years. It WAS a great bar before the cops shut it down after 2 weeks of out-the-door 19 yr. old business.

And my favourite Beatles song from that era: "Dig A Pony". Pure brilliance...

There's something about "Don't Let Me Down" on that rooftop performance that makes me so incredibly happy to hear that song and see John Lennon sing it. Maybe it's just that he duffs part of the second verse and looks over at Paul and just grins.

There's something about "Don't Let Me Down" on that rooftop performance that makes me so incredibly happy to hear that song and see John Lennon sing it. Maybe it's just that he duffs part of the second verse and looks over at Paul and just grins.

God I love watching that performance.

which neighborhood is "The Loft" in? It's somewhere in NW Chicago, right? Got a rough intersection for us?

Thanks-

Kevin

1060 W. Addison. Sorry if its against the rules to put that out there...

hahha. very funny. 1060 W. Addison a/k/a home of the Cubs

just because you didnt fall for it doesnt mean some other obsessive fan couldnt have... if i cant anonymously ruin someones day via the internet what difference can i make in this world?

which neighborhood is "The Loft" in? It's somewhere in NW Chicago, right? Got a rough intersection for us?

Thanks-

Kevin

I am not going to reveal where the Loft is; I am sure many people here already know. Past interviews have given enough info in which you could get a pretty general idea of where it may be. Like I said, many Wilco interest points just happen to intersect with all of the neighborhoods I have lived or spent my life in. Pretty cool for me that this band is somewhat a neighbor.

1060 W. Addison. Sorry if its against the rules to put that out there...

How did the thread go so far with no one using the words "Blues Brothers."

I'm not from Chicago but as soon as I saw the address my brain processed that I knew it and immediately presented me with pictures of the displeased Illinois Nazis.

I have no idea why anyone would want to know where "the Loft" is.

I know where Bruce Springsteen lives and I guess I get some kind of smug satisfaction out of that. I have no intention of knocking on the door (gate actually) or of even stopping out front to try and catch a gilmpse. But it's a connection; the same connection people get shouting out at a show, or getting an autograph or having your picture taken with an artist or getting a setlist.

If I ever got to Chicago, I'd like to walk by the loft or something.

How did the thread go so far with no one using the words "Blues Brothers."

Because I had not read that far yet. Illinois Nazis, I hate Illinois Nazis!

And, it's not that hard to figure out where the loft is by the images.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
And, it's not that hard to figure out where the loft is by the images.

Just look for where the 6 Volkswagons are parked out front :)