I edited my post to clarify slightly, and you have no what my tastes in music are. I do however, respect the fact that their are good bands from any genre of music, even though "indie" doesn't really even mean that much to me as a genre of music.

You realize how ignorant you sound, right?

You certainly may feel this way about "mainstream" and "indie", but they are your personal tastes. There are plenty of mainstream bands that I find enjoyable, and plenty of indie bands that are awesome as well. lumping them all together and insulting them makes little to no sense.

But then again, you have a problem with facial hair on singers so....

jim's beard is pretty patchy and stringy, but I was referring to his mane of hair on his head. Looks like Counsin IT. My basic point is that I really wish there were more bands out there that were on par with Wilco, the songwriting, musicianship, production, etc.

jim's beard is pretty patchy and stringy, but I was referring to his mane of hair on his head. Looks like Counsin IT. My basic point is that I really wish there were more bands out there that were on par with Wilco, the songwriting, musicianship, production, etc.

I agree with your view that some of their songs are shitty. But - to me, they seem to be pretty real. And I listen to very few bands from this time period. I won't even bother with the other comment you made.

for the record:

steam engine

phone went west

nashville to kentucky

or

heartbreakin man

or

they ran...

(now listening to disc 3, side B of okonokos: steam engine :music )

phone went west! i knew i was forgetting a gem!

I just got my hands on all the ep's plus the demos,and a two disc set of early recordings.Good Shit!

I love that clip, but I'm partial to this one from the same show. I'll never hear War Begun the same again. From the 3:00 mark on is amazing. Would that classify as a guitar solo? I'd throw a clip of Dondante on here too, but I couldn't find one of good audio/video quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2z15hQhP3w

looking like a tool comes from the hair. it is just stupid to stand there looking like cousin it. i saw them once and was just embarrassed for jim james. (not to mention the ridiculous blow up ghost).

another citique. no guitar solos, just playing chords really loud. there's a place for that, but come on.

I'm not even a huge fan but you ripped on the guy's voice and I must say Jim James has a beautiful rock voice. I think he may be the best "singer" out there today.

And I thought musicians were supposed to have long hair?? I find it really strange that when asked about their music, you bring up what the guy looks like. Who gives a crap?? How old are you?

And MMJ have tons of guitar solos. They also don't only play chords. There is a ton of notes being played on their tunes by both guitarists. You either need to listen harder, or have no idea what you are talking about.

I love that clip, but I'm partial to this one from the same show. I'll never hear War Begun the same again. From the 3:00 mark on is amazing. Would that classify as a guitar solo? I'd throw a clip of Dondante on here too, but I couldn't find one of good audio/video quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2z15hQhP3w

yea, that whole show is incredible. i actually havent seen that one before.