I just got back from night two of Dinosaur Jr.'s residency at the Blind Pig here in Ann Arbor. Jeezus, those guys shredded the place. What a show. The first song was a bit shaky, but after that they slipped into a groove and just cranked out the songs. J Mascis is an amazing guitarist to watch.

I didn't keep track of a setlist, but they played most of the new album, which was great, because I love that thing.

Has anyone else seen a show on this tour? How was it? And if you haven't, but they're coming your way -- go.

Side note: their opener was godawful. Some band called Awesome Color. They've got a pretty good guitarist, but their songs consist of the same riff played over and over and over and over and over again, with some minimal lyrics repeated over and over and over and over and over again. Song after song after ... you get the idea.

I saw them Saturday at the Abbey Pub in Chicago. I agree with your review. They rocked. The opening band was sloppy. Also, there was a short, acoustic solo set from Lou Barlow which was difficult to hear (unlike D Jr). It might have been cool in the right setting.

i'm going to see them open for the Black Keys next week at Cain's in Tulsa. i'll be sure to bring my earplugs...

You'll definitely need 'em. I feel sorry for anyone at last night's show who didn't have any.

I couldn't stop listening to Beyond today. :)

Has anyone else seen a show on this tour? How was it? And if you haven't, but they're coming your way -- go.

Side note: their opener was godawful. Some band called Awesome Color. They've got a pretty good guitarist, but their songs consist of the same riff played over and over and over and over and over again, with some minimal lyrics repeated over and over and over and over and over again. Song after song after ... you get the idea.

I liked them, especially the songs that Scotty Karate performed with them.

they're opening here soon for the black keys, whose music I don't know. Saw them last time through at the same venue, guess it's ticket-buying time again.

I just watched their new DVD last night "Live in the Middle East" and i'm so excited. I see them two days after i see Wilco :dancing

J Mascis is a freak with his guitar. I've seen Dinosaur jr once before and J solo twice before so i'm really excited to see the new songs.

No doubt that Beyond is their best, IMO.

I was also at the Abbey Pub show on Saturday. That opener was extremely annoying. Ya know, you think when you show up at a venue at 11:30 you miss all that shit. :lol:

Anyway, the Dinosaur Jr show was okay. I remember being a lot more impressed when I saw them 1- (?) years ago, but I suppose my standards are a lot higher now too. I know J likes to play loud, but in a place like the Abbey it was unnecessarily loud, and I like it loud. He sure can rip though :thumbup

No doubt that Beyond is their best, IMO.

I was also at the Abbey Pub show on Saturday. That opener was extremely annoying. Ya know, you think when you show up at a venue at 11:30 you miss all that shit. :lol:

Anyway, the Dinosaur Jr show was okay. I remember being a lot more impressed when I saw them 1- (?) years ago, but I suppose my standards are a lot higher now too. I know J likes to play loud, but in a place like the Abbey it was unnecessarily loud, and I like it loud. He sure can rip though :thumbup

I have a funny story abuot J playing loud. I saw him at the 40 watt in athens when he was touring with Dave Skools as his bass player. I was right up in front standing right in front of J he was like 1 foot from me and after the first couple songs this guy yells up to him J we can't hear the vocals. He replies back "it's okay i can't hear them either" and just smiles and kicks into another jam.

It was very loud and most people there new the words and were singing along anyway. Great show. :thumbup

I have a funny story abuot J playing loud. I saw him at the 40 watt in athens when he was touring with Dave Skools as his bass player. I was right up in front standing right in front of J he was like 1 foot from me and after the first couple songs this guy yells up to him J we can't hear the vocals. He replies back "it's okay i can't hear them either" and just smiles and kicks into another jam.

It was very loud and most people there new the words and were singing along anyway. Great show. :thumbup

J Mascis has said he sets the amps up so he can't hear himself, doesn't like the sound of his voice. You have to be somewhat towards the back to hear his voice at all.

First time i saw Dino Jr was in '92 when i was in high school, it was in a tiny club in rhode island, my ears were ringing for six days.

last night in Tulsa was pretty good - they opened for the Black Keys. i'm not too familiar with Dinosaur Jr's music, but they played Feel the Pain and a few off their new one I recognized. they didn't play Start Choppin, which i hoped they would have... they came on late, apologized for being late - they got to Cain's 5 minutes before they went on stage... they said they had no time to make a setlist and had no idea how long they could play... they only played 45 minutes, though...and it wasn't as loud as i thought it'd be... i love how Lou Barlow plays the bass - he's more like a rhythm guitar player... and the Black Keys killed, as usual...

last night in Tulsa was pretty good - they opened for the Black Keys. i'm not too familiar with Dinosaur Jr's music, but they played Feel the Pain and a few off their new one I recognized. they didn't play Start Choppin, which i hoped they would have... they came on late, apologized for being late - they got to Cain's 5 minutes before they went on stage... they said they had no time to make a setlist and had no idea how long they could play... they only played 45 minutes, though...and it wasn't as loud as i thought it'd be... i love how Lou Barlow plays the bass - he's more like a rhythm guitar player... and the Black Keys killed, as usual...

Nice i'm very excited for next thursday