Vancouver date

Checked the Ticketmaster site today out of curiousity and it looks like there are plenty of tix left.

Most people here probably know that I'm a frustrated would-be tour guide since my American friends rarely venture this far north, so if you're traveling here for the show, don't hesitate to send me a PM if you want restaurant recommendations, etc. Vancouver is a great city for food lovers - we have Iron Chef winners (Rob Feenie), the guy who invented the inside out roll (Hidekazu Tojo), my all time fave, Vij's, and La Casa Gelato, which is not to be missed.

ohhhhh man! I've been to Tojo's once when visiting with my brother. that sushi is like eating a little piece of LOVE. it blew me away!!! unfortunately, since its just me and my brother this time (without my parents footing the bill...$$$) there will be no Tojo's. I think i will take my brother out for an all-you-can-eat sushi dinner for his late b-day present, though. Do you have a favourite all-you-can-eat sushi place?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Tojo's once when visiting with my brother. that sushi is like eating a little piece of LOVE. it blew me away!!!

:yes

Shota on Yew St. (in Kerrisdale) has some really amazing "famous rolls", but it's a bit out of the way and maybe a little overpriced. I haven't eaten sushi downtown for years, but I think most places have pretty affordable lunch specials. You might find what you're looking for here: Sushi Guide.

I got my ticket today!

Also, out of towners: I recommend checking out Commercial Drive. There's some cool record stores there (High Life comes to mind) and the what not.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh, I was talking to someone today and they came up with an interesting point, if the Malkin Bowl is in Stanley Park, and the park is ran by the city, will the strike effect the concert???

According to this, Malkin Bowl will remain open for Theatre Under the Stars, so I imagine that we're in luck. Whew!

The civic strike is not expected to have any affect on the 61st season of the summer theatre performances in Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park to Aug. 18. ... For more information: www.tuts.ca or 604-231-7535
  • 2 weeks later...

howdy folks! w/ the show rapidly approaching i was hoping somebody could recommend somewhere to stay in the immediate area, and possibly a wise method of transportation ... as i may have mentioned earlier, i'm used to just bussing to the hotel vancouver @ robson/burrard + staying somewhere along granville (for orpheum/commodore/vogue etc gigs). is it feasible to stay in this area for the malkin bowl show or is it way outta the way? i'm pretty comfortable w/ the skytrain and whatnot, if need be.

advice, anyone? :frog (the frog has nothing to do with anything, but seemed amusing to me at the time)

thanks in advance!

yup, and they sounded phenomenal in calgary & edmonton. i'm selfishly hoping for a little more set list variety (4 songs between nights there, in identical theatres!), and i really want 'shake it off' and even 'what light'! i think i'll enjoy the outdoor aspect, even if it rains, though i'm not sure which ferry i'm catching etc yet, so i wonder about getting stuck on the lawn...

regardless, hope everyone has a great time! i'm very excited.

anyone know if were allowed umbrellas? Some said that they'll not let me into Malkin Bowl with them? Apparently, they had an incident at a Blue Rodeo concert?

Anywho...everyone have fun. See you there...in my best Rivers disguise.

alright, i'm off. please introduce yourselves, i'll be near the front of the line with a blue jacket, and a maroon leather bag. HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!

Hmm, you were (before they moved the line) one of the first two guys at front that commented that they'd like to see My Morning Jacket live.. yes?