Vancouver date

Looks like I am finally going to see Wilco live! I am incredibly excited.

How do these things usually work? I haven't seen many concerts since moving to Vancouver. Should I buy my tickets on the presale or should I buy them regularly? Is presale info given out over the mailing list?? Is the Orpheum any good? Is it usually general admission?? Should I buy online? Do Wilco concerts sell out super fast? So many questions...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't answer most of your questions...but my brother and sisters saw sigur ros at the Orpheum a couple years ago and they thought it was AMAZING. They really liked the venue. I don't know about tickets either. It seems like sometimes the presale tickets are really good, but lots of people have gotten just as good seats when they buy tickets regularly. I need answers too!! I'll be able to catch Wilco 3 times: Calgary, Vancouver, and Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll have to a pre-show drink with other VC'ers!!

That sounds like a great idea. I've been thinking about going to Seattle, but that I've never been to the states, that'd be a big treck, especially since I have to be up at 5:45 the next morning for school. I had the feeling that when Wilco announced a Vancouver show it'd be on a night I have class, but I got lucky, thank God.

Ah, this is excellent news! I was beginning to worry that they might pass us by again.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a GA venue, but the Orpheum is still pretty cool. Try the presale, but don't panic if you come up empty. I think only about 10% of the tix are available during the presale, and the seats are often so-so. Wilco usually doesn't sell out super fast in Vancouver, but it has been a few years since they played here so who knows what will happen.

Nice to see more Canadian dates as well. Now they just have to discover Saskachewan.

interesting! I'd like to see them in a different venue than the orpheum, myself. but not something like thunderbird stadium! i find the other pacific northwest venues frustrating...

i was mostly replying to ask whether the november '04 vancouver gig ever surfaced, audio-wise?

the Orpheum holds around 2800 people... so if they're moving up, it's quite a jump in capacity after that. I'm not sure what Deer Lake Park holds, but it's got to be upwards of 8-10k and TBird can be over 20, 000 easy.

If they're downsizing on the other hand, Malkin Bowl in August would be awesome. (capacity = 1500) or the Centre holds just under 2000, I think.

You're right, there really aren't many mid-size venues in Vancouver. The Orpheum isn't the greatest place to see a rock band, but you could do a lot worse so this might not be pretty. On the other hand, Wilco under the stars at Malkin Bowl would be awesome! Maybe Jeff wants to go running on the Stanley Park seawall. :lol

Malkin Bowl is in Stanley Park. I really hope your bold prediction is right, Quinn.

I don't think they're planning a second night because it takes a long time to travel from Edmonton to Vancouver.

www.pollstar.com had them at the Orpheum, but now I went to see when the presale tickets were going to be on sale and now the Vancouver show has been moved? WHAT GIVES? anyone?

I would imagined that the pre-sale would have to occur around the same time as all the others?

The Orpheum show in 04 was ok, but we kept getting told to sit down by the ushers. I would recommend the Queen E, however they did sound great live outdoors at T-Bird Stadium at UBC.

EDIT: Looks like Malkin Bowl is now in place of the Orpheum. I dunno about the new venue choice, but glad the boys are still headed to BC.