Lolla Schedule Announced

I was to see MMJ and Pearl Jam as well ... my tickets for 2005 and 2006 weren't $80 combined. I'll wait it out and hang around craigslist to see what I can get.

so there's absolutely no other acts you'd want to see on Sunday? :unsure

I would definitely see the Black Angels, but I've also seen them at the Empty Bottle about 5 times in the last year. Yo La Tengo and !!! are not only playing opposite each other, but that's right when the main stage will start to turn into clusterfruck town in advance of Pearl Jam closing the weekend. Since I've yet to see MMJ (save for a few songs at Lolla last year) and I really want to see Pearl Jam, my priority is getting a good spot at that stage.

In short, no there isn't much else on Sunday I'm too eager to see.

umm my morning jacket and modest mouse playing the EXACT same time??? WTF

MMJ at their worst are better than MM at their best. not that MM are bad live, but they've always been really hit or miss.

I went last year to Lolla because the schedule was actually good. This year, there is nothing good on any single day. I was thinking about buying a one day ticket on Saturday, but $80 is way too expensive.

Seriously, I am going to three days of Pitchfork, and it cost me $56 with service charges, and sending the tickets.

MMJ at their worst are better than MM at their best. not that MM are bad live, but they've always been really hit or miss.

It still really sucks balls that they would put two of the largest names that have a largely overlapping audience right against each other. Those are the two bands I was most excited to see. I'm feeling pretty ripped off right about now.

And Yes, MM are hit or miss live, but Modest Mouse at Sasquatch in 2005 was one of the best shows in my life, so I think saying MMJ at their worst are better than MM at their best is way off. It's hard to beat Modest Mouse when they are on, which is less and less frequent these days... I'd say MMJ is just flat out always a great show. I saw MMJ at 'roo latenite in 2006 so I'm fully aware of what they are capable of... that's why this hurts so much.

i reaaallly want to see daft punk. but i dont even get out of work until 5, meaning id pretty much just catch lcd and daft. unfortunately, i dont think its worth 80 bucks (not to mention lcd ends at the exact same time daft starts. idiotic).

i think ill just save my money and do pitchfork instead.

Just saw on Pitchfork that The Go! Team was just added for Sunday. :rock Unfortunately, it looks like they'll be on the same time as Heartless Bastards. I haven't seen either one live, but I don't think I can miss Go! Team. Anyone seen both?

Just saw on Pitchfork that The Go! Team was just added for Sunday. :rock Unfortunately, it looks like they'll be on the same time as Heartless Bastards. I haven't seen either one live, but I don't think I can miss Go! Team. Anyone seen both?

Nice! I was wondering who was going to fill that spot. That seems to be it for lineup additions, I can't wait to head out there.

You really should see the Stooges. Really.

seconded. they are great live! i saw them at an outdoor festival in memphis a few months back and was seriously impressed.

seconded. they are great live! i saw them at an outdoor festival in memphis a few months back and was seriously impressed.

After watching the Kings of Leon webcast from Bonnaroo (realllllyyy dulll + new album is awful) I may have to go with the Stooges at Lolla (they are playing the same time).

Heartless Bastards are playing a street fest in Chicago on the 23rd of this month:

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/events/...0,6915720.event

Heartless Bastards are playing a street fest in Chicago on the 23rd of this month:

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/events/...0,6915720.event

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, I'm an out-of-towner and I was just up there for The National. Between that and Lolla, I don't think I can justify another trip up there to the wife.

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, I'm an out-of-towner and I was just up there for The National. Between that and Lolla, I don't think I can justify another trip up there to the wife.

That's too bad, cuz

6 p.m.: The Saps

7 p.m.: The Drams

8 p.m.: Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit 8

9 p.m.: Heartless Bastards or Bob Mould

>

any National show I've ever seen.

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit 8
Can someone tell me about these guys? The Deadstring Brothers are opening for them at the Beat Kitchen this Friday (TG bought me us tickets for Fathers Day) and I don't know anything about them. We are going to see the Deadstring Brothers, but if these guys are worth staying for we will.

LouieB

Guest Rufer

Jason Isbell is formerly of the Drive-by Truckers. He was the youngest of the three and was with them since Decoration Day. Sweet voice, excellent guitar playing, really good songwriter. Haven't heard him solo yet.

Does anyone know if Mike Watt will be playing with the Stooges?

I'm really bummed about MMJ and Modest Mouse playing at the same time. Last year they did a pretty good job of scheduling the bands so there weren't too many obvious conflicts (though I think Wilco played at the same time as BSS), but this year there are a lot of conflicts. Not only is Yo La Tengo playing at the same time as !!!, but they also overlap with Peter Bjorn and John.

Guest Rufer
Last year they did a pretty good job of scheduling the bands so there weren't too many obvious conflicts (though I think Wilco played at the same time as BSS), but this year there are a lot of conflicts.

No, Wilco played at the same time as Queens of the Stone Age. Also MMJ played opposite the Raconteurs which I think was the biggest travesty thus far--two explosive, high-energy live acts. I chose the Raconteurs and was blown away but slightly bummed nonetheless.

FWIW here is a list of aftershows for the Lolla weekend, courtesy of the lollapalooza message boards:

Wednesday

Peter Himmelman - Schuba's 8:00 PM 21+ $25 (http://www.schubas.com/)

Thursday

Galapalooza with Spoon and Paulo Nutini - Petrillo Music Shell 6:00 PM All ages $350+ (http://parkways.org/)

Peter Himmelman - Schuba's 8:00 PM 21+ $25 (http://www.schubas.com/)

Soulive - Double Door 10:00 PM 21+ $20 (http://www.doubledoor.com/shows.php)

Sparklehorse