Band of Horses opening for Modest Mouse

After I saw MM in May I really loved it, but doubted I'd ever see them again due to the crowd's suckage and their venue choices (i was able to see them at a general admission place but I doubt they will play many more of those). But now, I have tickets to see them with Band of Horses, Neko Case and Wolf Parade at this Download Festival thingy, which is pretty cool.

LAL is criminally underrated, but when they opened for MM I didn't hear as many songs from Laughter's Fifth as I would have liked.

After I saw MM in May I really loved it, but doubted I'd ever see them again due to the crowd's suckage and their venue choices (i was able to see them at a general admission place but I doubt they will play many more of those). But now, I have tickets to see them with Band of Horses, Neko Case and Wolf Parade at this Download Festival thingy, which is pretty cool.

LAL is criminally underrated, but when they opened for MM I didn't hear as many songs from Laughter's Fifth as I would have liked.

Where/when is this Download Festival of which you speak?

Where/when is this Download Festival of which you speak?

That lineup I mentioned is for the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Mass. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Guster will also be there.

Other lineups:

Washington state, The Gorge - MM, The Thermals, Incubus, President of the USA, Nada Surf, Arthur & Yu, The Heavenly States, Back Door Slam.

Chicago, Alpine Valley - The Shins, Brand New, Wolf Parade, Band of Horses, Honeycut

San Francisco, Shoreline - The Cure, A.F.I., Kings of Leon, Metric, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, She Wants Revenge, 65 Days of Static

Better hurry, presale tix are on sale now I think, the password is "nation". Regular tix go on sale tomorrow at 10 I believe. Check out downloadfestival.com.

i absolutely love modest mouse, but i would hate seeing them live, with tons of kids yelling PLAY FLOAT ON or DASHBOARD...theyre earlier stuff is much better in my opinion.

and ive already seen BoH. really good live, they owned funeral.

I didn't hear any Float On or Dashboard requests at the show I saw, but when they broke into the first chords of Trailer Trash and I went nuts, the kids next to me asked what song it was. :mellow

Dates?

via pitchfork:

Modest Mouse dates:

06-09 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Melkweg

06-10 Frankfurt, Germany - Batchkapp

06-11 Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall

06-13 Copenhagen, Denmark - Vega

06-14 London, England - O2 Wireless Festival

06-16 Interlaken/Schweiz, Switzerland - Greenfields Festival

06-17 Nickelsdorf, Austria - Nova Rock Festival

06-19 Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Kulturfabrik

06-20 Paris, France - Elys

out here in austin, modest played rain or shine, only it rained and it was half a show!!! 45 min.!! :angry No cowboy dan? Well it rained as it does in texas every may. April showers happen late and early in austin!! Yet the kicker they charged their 30 or 40 dollars!!!

i absolutely love modest mouse, but i would hate seeing them live, with tons of kids yelling PLAY FLOAT ON or DASHBOARD...theyre earlier stuff is much better in my opinion.

and ive already seen BoH. really good live, they owned funeral.

BoH made my day when they covered David Allen Coe's "You Never Even Called Me By My Name." All of the kids at the Metro were scratching their heads, but I loved it.

BoH made my day when they covered David Allen Coe's "You Never Even Called Me By My Name." All of the kids at the Metro were scratching their heads, but I loved it.

They did that in Asheville a few months back too. Apparently, the song has been apart of their live show for a while because he said that they also played it a year before in Asheville at another venue.