Sicko on google.video

Wow. This could be one of the most important movies made in a very long time. Unfortunately, my feeling is that people will choose to focus on his glorification of France and Cuba as a way to discredit the primary message.

Question: How is it that I am watching this. Is MM allowing this to stay up.

I would imagine his main goal is getting this message out rather than turning a profit. Pretty cool that its online for free. I am definitely going to watch this soon.

edit: it appears as if the link has been removed, so maybe not

Looks like the link was taken down - I knew it was too good to be true.

I'm glad I got to see it - but I will still need to take my wife to the theater when it comes out - and expunge my guilt for not paying for it the first time.

Hopefully, 'Sicko' will serve as a cautionary tale for us. In Canada, right wing politicians and private investors who want to cash in are always telling us that so-called "public-private partnerships" are the solution to wait times. I am not convinced.

I had to stop reading Maude Barlow's book about deep integration because it was too depressing. This really sent a chill down my spine:

While proponents of two-tier health care say they do not want the American system but rather the

Pirated 'Sicko' clips uploaded to YouTube

How the leak of a version apparently taken from a DVD copy will affect the film's theatrical boxoffice remains unclear. Moore's anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" was widely bootlegged and available in a pirated version online around its June 2004 opening but went on to earn $119 million at the domestic boxoffice.

In a July 2004 interview with the Scottish newspaper Sunday Herald' date=' Moore said, ''I don't agree with the copyright laws, and I don't have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people as long as they're not trying to make a profit off my labor. I would oppose that. ... I do well enough already, and I made this film because I want the world to change. The more people who see it the better, so I'm happy this is happening.''[/quote']

1. Obama's Plan to Cover the Uninsured. Obama will create a new national health plan to allow individuals without access to affordable insurance coverage to buy coverage similar to that available to members of Congress. The Obama plan will have:

Guaranteed eligibility. No American will be turned away because of illness or pre-existing conditions.

Comprehensive benefits. The benefit package will be similar to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), and cover all essential medical services, including preventive, maternity and mental health care.

Affordable premiums, co-pays and deductibles.

Subsidies. Individuals who do not qualify for Medicaid or SCHIP but still need assistance will receive an income-related federal subsidy to buy into the new public plan or purchase a private health care plan.

Simplifying paperwork and reining in health costs.

Easy enrollment. The new public plan will be simple to enroll in and provide ready access to coverage.

Portability and choice. Participants in the new public plan and the National Health Insurance Exchange (see below) will be able to move from job to job without changing their health care coverage.

Quality and efficiency. Participating insurance companies will be required to collect and report data to ensure that standards for quality, health information technology and administration are being met.

Just sayin'.