-war on war

-IATTBYH

-ITMWLY

-jesus, etc.

-spiders

---------------------------

-late greats

-HM drummer

the guys looked to really enjoy their time on stage. lots of smiles all around despite a broken string for jeff and an odd bump in the audio at one point (i think one of pat's guitars fell over while plugged in or something). the sound was terrific.

my friend and i watched the show from the front row of the pit. GREAT spot. there is about 10 ft. between the rail and the stage, so you could see the whole stage easily.

during late greats, nels climbed on the drum riser and jumped off at the last big chord! as jeff started ITMWLY he looked to glenn to see if would stand up in his drum star pose. glenn hesitated, then threw his arms in the air and stood up. awesome.

and i'm not sure exactly what happened during late greats but i saw jeff smiling, mouth something to pat. then i noticed pat was holding his guitar backward so that the strings were against his body, and he was strumming at the stringless back of the guitar.

more. there is always more, but i'm having difficulty getting to the keyboard.

also: four shows and still no "i'm always in love." atlanta is my last shot to hear this tune until wilco makes it los angeles. c'mon atlanta! :dancing

non wilco related fun facts:

-i met bobbob! hooray! we didn't see each other for wilco, but got to see the flaming lips close out saturday night. (holy hell, that is another thread altogether)

-after getting back to the hotel tonight and showering, we found the gate to the hotel pool was locked. ever the instigator, my friend led us over the fence and into the pool for a post-fest swim. fabulous, i tell you.

-from an attendee perspective the fest was so SMOOTH! with a few drunken exceptions the crowd was wonderful and welcoming to all the musicians. every act i saw commented on how great the crowds were. faith in festivals restored!

I was about ten people back, center...i had wilco writen down my arm in permanent market (i know, groupie...)

What an amazing show...we got kick ass digital photos but some dumb ass wipe stole my backpack at my campsite after Widespread...couldn't believe it...the camera with photos of our entire weekend was gone, so was my boyfriends cell phone with more video and photos...that was a bummer, so anyone with photos from this show, please send them to me...

www.myspace.com/pjsglide or pjsglide@aol.com

thanks and i'm also looking for the setlist in order if anyone has that too.

peace out! :cheers

Fantastic show, probably my favorite of the weekend, mainly because I managed to get backstage. Got to watch the show from just over the guys' right shoulders. I have attempted to attach a photo of my view. Never done it before, so it may not work.

Wilco4.jpg

Fantastic show, probably my favorite of the weekend, mainly because I managed to get backstage. Got to watch the show from just over the guys' right shoulders. I have attempted to attach a photo of my view. Never done it before, so it may not work.

that's all kinds of awesome!

that's all kinds of awesome!

Yes, it was. I've seen Wilco from a lot closer, but being up there and watching them from that perspective in front of that many people was unforgettable. Got to meet John Paul Jones back there too.

I have attempted to attach a photo of my view. Never done it before, so it may not work.

hey birdjam, i'm in your pic! anychance you can send me a larger copy of the file? not for commercial purposes, of course.

i was wondering what the crowd looked like from up there. couldn't tell the size from where we were.

As has been proved before and restated by this photo, Pat is not in Wilco.

hey birdjam, i'm in your pic! anychance you can send me a larger copy of the file? not for commercial purposes, of course.

i was wondering what the crowd looked like from up there. couldn't tell the size from where we were.

Check your PMs.

me and friends always refer to him as "the contest winner". he always looks like he is out of place like he went into starbucks and filled out a forum to be in wilco.

First post for me here, so forgive me, or kick me out if you want, but what is up with comments like this? I probably don't belong here, like Pat. I bought my first Wilco album when YHF came out. At Borders! Crap, I have no business posting here with you serious fans. Hope you weren't pissed if I happened to be sitting next to you at a show. The last time I saw Jeff Tweedy previous to 2006 was in 1994 with Uncle Tupelo. As great as they were, I thought it was one of the worst shows I ever saw. The only thing I brought away from that show was how much better live the Joe Henry Band was than UT.

All I see now, and I wholeheartedly agree, are posts about how great, how tight, how damn positive Wilco is with the current lineup. Maybe Jay Bennett should be brought back, get rid of boring, out of place Pat? Oops, I forgot, I'm new to this so I have no business criticizing the "old ways" and the "old Wilco"or the "true fans", the ones that go way back to AM, that bastion of everything that "was" great, but I will take Wilco now , with Mr Sansone over any Wilco precedents. I love everything Wilco has done, everything Jeff Tweedy has done, but I consider the current line up of Wilco (including Mr Sansone) one of the most dynamic and exciting bands I have ever listened to or seen. :realmad

First post for me here, so forgive me, or kick me out if you want, but what is up with comments like this? I probably don't belong here, like Pat. I bought my first Wilco album when YHF came out. At Borders! Crap, I have no business posting here with you serious fans. Hope you weren't pissed if I happened to be sitting next to you at a show. The last time I saw Jeff Tweedy previous to 2006 was in 1994 with Uncle Tupelo. As great as they were, I thought it was one of the worst shows I ever saw. The only thing I brought away from that show was how much better live the Joe Henry Band was than UT.

All I see now, and I wholeheartedly agree, are posts about how great, how tight, how damn positive Wilco is with the current lineup. Maybe Jay Bennett should be brought back, get rid of boring, out of place Pat? Oops, I forgot, I'm new to this so I have no business criticizing the "old ways" and the "old Wilco"or the "true fans", the ones that go way back to AM, that bastion of everything that "was" great, but I will take Wilco now , with Mr Sansone over any Wilco precedents. I love everything Wilco has done, everything Jeff Tweedy has done, but I consider the current line up of Wilco (including Mr Sansone) one of the most dynamic and exciting bands I have ever listened to or seen. :realmad

Um... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

(You can clearly see Pat's arm in my photo.)

Um... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

(You can clearly see Pat's arm in my photo.)

Way to make me feel bad right away! I like it up here on the stump, did you have to knock me down so soon? I'm still mad at the Starbuck's contest winner guy!

:yawn

It's a long running joke based on the fact that Pat didn't appear in hardly any of the footage on the SBS DVD. Calm down.

:yawn

It's a long running joke based on the fact that Pat didn't appear in hardly any of the footage on the SBS DVD. Calm down.

I calmed down, none of you know my real name right? Apparently I felt the need to go on a rant after having maybe one too many Sweetwater IPA's. As usual, it didn't turn out so well. I have been duly humbled. :blush

sweetwater brews an IPA?

and nerdy...the "pat isn't in wilco" bit is older than the sbs vid. goes back to when he joined the band.

bird: thanks for the pm! :dancing

I have tons of photos, straight from the pit, will share on Monday, until then, here are my photos of all the other stuff....

http://woxy.lala.com/blog/category/bonnaroo/

Also interviewed Nels Cline, have video of it, I will share that as well....

Wow, your pictures are amazing! I especially love the pics of Regina (so darn cute!!!) and The Flaming Lips ~ WOW!! Can't wait for more!!

speaking of pat... i think he is fucking awesome in wilco. he brings a young energy to all these fogeys we know and love. i mean, the dude does townsend windmills on his tele, always rocks the fuck out on the keyboards in ITTBYH, and then at bonnaroo he throws his piano bench offstage? fuck yeah.

and the wilco set was really fun... SBS is much better live.