New Dylan compilation on the way

From reading Across the Great Divide (a pretty good book and must read for Band fans), it seems like Robbie had to work really hard to keep the band together as long as they did because of all the other members drug problems. Probably even responsible for keeping Richard alive. Before I read the book, I didn't like Robbie because of how much better he is off than the other guys. But from reading the book i feel different. They all had money at one point and they liked drugs. Robbie didn't as much as the others. Basically everyone else was getting so fucked, he knew if he did too the thing would have fallen apart real quick. He's also really talented.

But he totally send Garth a huge check and buy him a gold house. Garth added so much to the band and I hear he's declared bankruptcy two or three times.

Also, I know the Basement Tapes were Robbie's project because people were pissed at him for including Band material that wasn't really part of the Basement Tapes and sounded a lot better quality wise. I'll wait for him to choke on a diamond encrusted sandwich for an official release.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Levon's book but haven't read it because I am worried I won't be able to listen to the music the same way afterwards.

this is exactly why i won't read any books about them. i just want to enjoy their music & i don't care who hated who, etc

I have Levon's book but haven't read it because I am worried I won't be able to listen to the music the same way afterwards.

Instead of Robbie being the savior/saint in the book above - he is the devil/bad guy in Levon's book.

Before I read the book, I didn't like Robbie because of how much better he is off than the other guys. But from reading the book i feel different.

I'll wait for him to choke on a diamond encrusted sandwich

Good to see you've had a change of heart. :rolleyes

Instead of Robbie being the savior/saint in the book above - he is the devil/bad guy in Levon's book.

Yeah, I know. I know enough about the Levon-Robbie feud to know that I have no interest in learning more about it. I am fine listening to the music and leaving it at that.