• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really liked the show in Boston last night. They played most of Furr, some older stuff, a Tom Paxton cover. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. As someone said earlier, a pretty good night of entertainment for $12.

I actually liked Alela Diane as an opener. I missed her first few songs but liked what I saw.

Lots of beards and PBR in the crowd. And not to sound like Tweedy but there was lots of talking while BT were playing. I don't expect people to be rapturously quiet in a club but if you paid money to go see a band why would you spend the whole time talking?

The Northampton show Wednesday night was excellent. I think they played everything off Furr with the exception of "War on Machines." I could be mistaken, but I don't remember hearing it. They also played about half of WMN, some older stuff, and some newer songs. I loved "Big Black Bird." I'd never heard that song before. Definitely a highlight of the show. The first 4-5 songs sounded okay. Right around "Big Black Bird" the show took off. Talented band. They closed with "Devil A-Go-Go" and "Wild Mountain Nation." I was a bit leery after seeing some of the reviews on here and how they seemed to be hit or miss. Early on it appeared as if it was headed for a miss, but they got it going and it was most definitely a hit.

• 2 years later...