• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
they played the title track on Conan last night... was just OK to be honest. they were much better in St. Paul last week

but yeah, album is amazing. still my fave on the year

Yeah I'm pretty convinced as well that it is my favorite this year as well, two great records in two years we can only hope for more!

bigger.

My Morning Jacket, Wilco, etc. :)

Yeah I actually think Malkmus was a good choice for them as an opener as they so clearly have that Pavement influence, but it certainly isn't huge crowds (and probably not a ton of folks that hadn't already heard of them). I bet they will be big on the festival circuit next summer. That's the best way to get in front of new audiences IMO.

I have been having a blast strummin' and singin' the title track, Furr, off the new one.

My pick for song of the year. It's immediately and effortlessly likable- sounds like a song people have been singing around campfires for forty years. Great little story in those verses.

Hooray for lycanthropy parables!

hoping they can get on a good tour as an opener to boost their visibility a bit

They are opening for Iron & Wine here Saturday. They are headlining their own tour at the first of the year with the Dexateens opening. At least that's the word, would be a great bill.

I am absolutely in love with this band. Furr has clawed its way up among my top tier records of the year, and they are absolutely incredible live. Anyone catch them at Schubas last Sunday? Seriously one of my favorite shows this year, perhaps tied with the Blitzen Trapper/Fleet Foxes show at Schubas last spring.

I didn't like the song choice last night on Conan; I would've gone with "God & Suicide" or "Gold for Bread". They looked a little nervous, too. And Erik Menteer is a fantastic guitarist, but he didn't look like he had much to do on "Furr" last night. Ah well.

I think the pairing with the Jicks was complete genius and I would've been ecstatic to see any of those shows (has anyone seen this?

).

I think they're on tour with Iron & Wine now; not an ideal pairing, but certainly two bands that I personally like very much; hopefully the I&W fans will dig the Trapper too.

I'd love to see them open for MMJ or Wilco in 2009! I'm certain they'll be making the festival circuit; $10 says they show up with mid-tier billing on the Sasquatch schedule and completely blow up from there.

I didn't like the song choice last night on Conan; I would've gone with "God & Suicide" or "Gold for Bread". They looked a little nervous, too. And Erik Menteer is a fantastic guitarist, but he didn't look like he had much to do on "Furr" last night. Ah well.

Way past my bedtime, but I am hoping to see a link posted on here.

I think the pairing with the Jicks was complete genius and I would've been ecstatic to see any of those shows (has anyone seen this?
).

I saw Malkmus & BT earlier this month in Denver and they did Funk 49 and I Heard It Through the Grapevine together.