• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news about the upcoming tour. I can't wait to see them again. I was starting to get irrational thoughts about flying down to Nashville to see them at the Ryman this weekend.

Wonder if they'll be able to fill some bigger places this time around.

Watched the Conan performance. Great song, maybe I should peep the album.

I don't know why I always wait like 6 months to get the records Solace raves about. I inevitably always love them from first listen anyways.

knowing your taste and the bands they remind me of (Flaming Lips, Wilco, Grandaddy, Kinks, etc.), i think you'll quite like it

Fantastic news about the upcoming tour. I can't wait to see them again. I was starting to get irrational thoughts about flying down to Nashville to see them at the Ryman this weekend.

Wonder if they'll be able to fill some bigger places this time around.

guessing they'll move up to 600-1000 capacity venues in some markets. they sold out a 350-400 capacity bar here a week and a half ago.

guessing they'll move up to 600-1000 capacity venues in some markets. they sold out a 350-400 capacity bar here a week and a half ago.

Was that solo? They played at the Gothic in Denver with Malkmus and that has a capacity of about 1000 I think.

Kinks

The person I played them for yesterday said Kinks too. I hear a good amount of Big Star in there.

This has received a ton of hype around here (particularly from solace) and I listened a few times and thought, it's nice. I've stuck with it here and there and the past couple of days this thing sucked me in big time. Now getting multiple spins a day - at work, in the car, at home. Not a bad track on this album. Definitely one of the better albums of 2008.

Was that solo? They played at the Gothic in Denver with Malkmus and that has a capacity of about 1000 I think.

they headlined yeah

it was w/ Horse Feathers (great band, but sadly their performance was lost in the chatty bar, kinda bummed me out) and These United States (really good band from Kentucky, they were only playing as a trio that night)

Furr - is the best album of the year.

:thumbup

Blitzen Trapper was a great opener for SM and the Jicks. I'm betting they will get on an even bigger bill soon. Hopefully Wilco. They put on an exceptional show in Madison. The bassist and guitarist started banging around their gear as an outro to close their set, which I'm never really a fan of. The drummer was going pretty ballistic, too. Furr is brilliant, and I can see these dudes and Dr. Dog leading a new kind of musical scene. My brother's real name is Trapper, and they were quite humored by that.

This is by far the best album of the year.

I really need to see the guys live while they are singing the "Furr" stuff.

they played every song but 'Not Your Lover' (sad :() here, so i'd say you'll be fine for the Spring tour