I think if you purchase a new Passat you get access to a free download and special studio webcam privileges. But it could be just a rumor.

OMG WAY TO MAEK YOUR FANS BUY SOME THING ELSE JUST BECAUSE ITS AN OFFICEL RELEASE THATS SO NOT INDIE OF YOU WILCO YOU CAPITELIST ASSHOELS!!@

dude, bro, mate, spell check's not just an armpit in arkansas

Is that the case? There's definitely some songs (Kamera in particular, and others) on the demos that are quite different from the album...

I am speaking of sound/generation quality. If they are freely out there to grab - then why pay for them.

I am speaking of sound/generation quality. If they are freely out there to grab - then why pay for them.

what album can you not get for free online? release it to make $

You can get all the demos for free - they are up on several BT sites. When I was given the YHF Engineer Demos several years ago I was asked not to pass them around - so I never did. But - someone did evetually.You can get all the demos for free - they are up on several BT sites.

Call me old-fashioned or something, but I like to have physical releases. I have all the demos, but would love to see a package come out with them and have them given some liner notes and maybe explanations. It just helps to fill out my curiosity. If you're satisfied, stick to what you have, and awesome :thumbup but I'll pay up for the super-box set or whatever it happens to be. I wouldn't for every album, but this one, for sure.

I know what you mean - I went through that with The Lost Crowes release a while back. There is not much in the way of liner notes, but the tracks do seem to sound better for the most part.

Hey I bought the last Jimmy Eat World album twice cause the second edition released about six months after had a full disc of the demos with the band explaining why they went with the changes they made on the finished product. I d/l ed the YHF but I would pay for a special edition with loads of bonus stuff like that.

They will be released but not anytime soon. Most bands do this stuff when their new material stops selling or it comes out posthumously.

They will be released but not anytime soon. Most bands do this stuff when their new material stops selling or it comes out posthumously.

Who knows, it varies greatly band to band as to what they would want to release and when. Sonic Youth are still together (and selling albums) but they've done a number of reissues of their better known albums. There are others, but really it's up to the band, I'd assume we'll see stuff like this within a reasonable amount of time, I don't see Wilco suddenly disappearing anytime soon.