Steve Albini "dishes" on a poker forum?

I think you're a defeatist and you are destined not to enjoy music. If you wait for other people to thrust music under your nose, you'll be listening to nothing but crap for a long while, because that's what gets thrust at us. Music is not a spectator sport.

Quote:

2) Brian Townsend or Patrik Antonius?

Antonius attracts more poon, sbrugby gets to flip for half a million with an overlay... thinking... thinking... poon wins.

Quote:

I liked some songs on Exit the Dragon by Urge Overkill a lot, do they suck that bad?

Yeah, they do. You probably don't even like those songs you think you like.

:yay

I found a link to that forum at Stereogum last night, and reading it took a bit of time, but hey, I didn't need to sleep. If it was boring I would have stopped. In fact, it was very interesting and candid. He is well spoken and outspoken.

It was kind of like he got to create his own interview (even though he probably would not have started an "ask me" thread had his identity not been outed by the charity snafu), but the fact that he answered most of the questions asked of him was pretty impressive. Even had a few Wilco/Tweedy comments, with Albini being a Chicagoan and all.

So I wonder if we have any micro-celebrities hiding out here at VC? :unsure AtticusPoongoogler? Who ARE you?

Woah! Excellent, cheers for the link. I'm a huge Albini fan... would love the opportunity to interview him some time...

Interesting his take on the In Utero thing, we've always been led to believe that the record company influenced the mix but he suggests Nirvana make the final call...

I found a link to that forum at Stereogum last night

I guess it was posted on MetaFilter as well. (I don't need to read MeFi anymore because VC is like a MetaFilterFilter.) It's too bad, because the interlopers sort of killed the thread.

Speaking of Steve Albini and boards quoting other boards, Jake posted this on GloNo a few months ago. :lol

Quote:

2.Who do you think your going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election?

Anything the Democrats run out there, I'll vote for it. Broken piece of elk antler, chalkboard eraser, whatever.

• 4 years later...