Bands that have one good album

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastball would be a band that had one good one, anyone remember them?

Their debut, Make Your Mama Proud, was a masterpiece (in my opinion). I still listen to that record pretty often.

I was extremely disappointed by All the Pain Money Can Buy, but the two albums they put out after that were pretty good.

They're still one of my favorites (albeit more of a guilty pleasure). The follow up to All The Pain Money Can Buy (Harsh Light Of Day) was really good though.

Huh. This is the first time I thought about your screen name long enough to figure out its origin. Cool.

Moby Grape - Moby Grape

Marquee Moon - Television

I agree (sadly) about Moby Grape ... their debut was amazing, but the rest of their stuff hasn't grabbed me.

Regarding Television, though ... no love for Adventure? To my mind, that album is just a small notch below Marquee Moon, which is to say, excellent.

I agree (sadly) about Moby Grape ... their debut was amazing, but the rest of their stuff hasn't grabbed me.

Regarding Television, though ... no love for Adventure? To my mind, that album is just a small notch below Marquee Moon, which is to say, excellent.

Adventure is good, but I don't think it's in the same league as Marquee Moon myself. I doubt people would go on about Television if their only output had been post Marquee Moon.

Wow/Grape Jam is great -

I think there are a couple of good songs on it, but it's not a great album. I've got the first and second albums on a 1 disc set, and I wouldn't have bought that one if it was sold seperately.

Adventure is good, but I don't think it's in the same league as Marquee Moon myself. I doubt people would go on about Television if their only output had been post Marquee Moon.

I think there are a couple of good songs on it, but it's not a great album. I've got the first and second albums on a 1 disc set, and I wouldn't have bought that one if it was sold seperately.

I think it's just that the first album overides everything else they did. Speaking of Wow/Grape Jam, it's a good thing Robert Plant is such a champion of the band, as Since I've Been Loving You is pretty much a rip-off of the Moby Grape song Never.

Adventure is not as good as Marquee Moon, but it would be absurd to expect it to be. With MM, you're talking about a perfect album from front to back, among the best ever made. Adventure is merely a great album, but not classic like it's predessor. But it's way too good for Television to be brought up in this thread.

Anyway, I'll add For Squirrels.

:ohwell

Tell me about it. I think that they probably would have had another good one in them if not for their tragic end. "Mighty KC" is still one of my favorite songs of the '90s.

The Knitters

Digable Planets

I sort of like both Knitters discs, although I guess the second one isn't as exciting as the first.

Hole- "Live Through This" was good, not so much the others.

Good album, but I like Celebrity Skin more so. It's always the first one I'll go to if in the Hole mood. A great disc for driving, too.

Badly Drawn Boy

There should be a seperate category for bands that were confronted with the obstacle of death.

Chris Bell (died in a car wreck)

The aforementioned Exploding Hearts (died in a car wreck)

Adventure is not as good as Marquee Moon, but it would be absurd to expect it to be. With MM, you're talking about a perfect album from front to back, among the best ever made. Adventure is merely a great album, but not classic like it's predessor. But it's way too good for Television to be brought up in this thread.

enough has been said but i just have to show my support here...Television should NOT belong in this thread!!