Bands that have one good album

When I listened to hip-hop heavily in the early 90's, one of my absolute favorite albums was Enta Da Stage by Black Moon. It was great, or, should I say, ill. Anyway, I don't think they ever did anything of note after that.

Also, Lauryn Hill hasn't really done anything after her Grammy album.

I could probably name other rappers, as it seems fairly common for them to "fall off" after a successful debut. However, this probably isn't the message board for that discussion. I'll spare you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their debut, Make Your Mama Proud, was a masterpiece (in my opinion). I still listen to that record pretty often.

Huh. This is the first time I thought about your screen name long enough to figure out its origin. Cool.

I've just always assumed I'm one of the only ones who liked Make Your Mama Proud. "Emily" (and the bassline therein) is an amazing tune and worthy of purchasing the album by itself. And the screen name was a random thought maybe 8 or 9 years ago. It's just stuck...

I've never heard anything by Television other than Marquee Moon so I can't make a statement on that album being their only good one. But it would be nearly impossible for any album to be even half as good as that. Just hands-down one of the best albums ever front to back.

I've just always assumed I'm one of the only ones who liked Make Your Mama Proud. "Emily" (and the bassline therein) is an amazing tune and worthy of purchasing the album by itself.

Yup. A great loudfasthooky record. :yes

Their next one didn't have a single track with that kind of energy, which really bummed me out.

end of thread.

(seriously, I can't top that)

how about Blind Faith..? :shifty

I'll date myself and offer a few more, from the 80's;

Devo

The Knack

Simple Minds (New Gold Dream, of course)

New Musik- From A To B

Lenny Kravitz - Let Love Rule