• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm, Daniel Radcliffe turns 18 next week which means he was aproximately 16 while making the 5th movie, right? don't they start wizarding school at age 10 so Harry is supposed to be 15 for this movie. does one year really make a difference? ok i know when they did the third movie it was a bit tricky because they all hit puberty a bit sooner than their characters did, but at least for the 5th movie, they seemed to have caught up. now getting to movie 7 is gonna be a different story, but until then...

i actually haven't seen the movie yet, but will next week. my beef with the previews, and someone correct me if my memory has failed me: Harry's trial in the 5th book takes place in the exact same courttroom that Harry visited in the 4th book via Dumbledore's pensive where Barty Crouch Jr was revealed as a deatheater. ummm, in the previews that courtroom looks very sleek, very modern, and very stone compared to the very old, very wooden description in the book/4th movie.

and yeah, i agree about the hair. yes, the actor needed the clean cut look for his stage debut of equus, but they do have sophisticated make-up and wigs. Aragorn's hair was not Vigo's hair in LOTR. that's all i have to say. for now. :)

Umbridge should look more like this:

boss-nass.jpg

:yes

If I recall correctly, that's more or less what the book illustrations looked like. Or maybe I just made that all up in my head.

:yes

If I recall correctly, that's more or less what the book illustrations looked like. Or maybe I just made that all up in my head.

you got it right. they also described her as "toadlike" this woman playing her is way too nice and normal looking.

She was still evil...

I liked the movie. Thought some things were pretty well done. My only gripe really was that it didn't seem to connect everything together. It just felt like segments of the book put to film.

I'm almost halfway through the Half-Blood Prince. My goal (from March) of reading all the books before the new one comes out looks like it's within reach. :party

:w00t

you ca DO it! :w00t

is it bad that i just read that one in 2 days?

It is if you had schoolwork or workwork to do in that 2 days.

Not in summer school, and i never have workwork to do outside of working. I talk about fish all day.

Yeah, I am super excited for the 7th book to come out!

Check this out

www.evilwizardrock.com

Also look up Harry and the Potters... hilarity. I'm trying to talk my boyfriend into seeing them play a free show in Cleveland at the public Library, but he's totally not amused.

:upset

oh sorry, did i ruin that for you by taking away some of the movie magic.

and congrats on getting through all the books before the 7th one. very nice.

to SarahC: it is not bad to have read half-blood prince in two days. you are in the company of others. my goal is to read the 7th book in two days. or sooner. must know how it ends!!!

you got it right. they also described her as "toadlike" this woman playing her is way too nice and normal looking.

I prefer the normal-looking interpretation... you know, the whole "banality of evil" thing.

I'm almost halfway through the Half-Blood Prince. My goal (from March) of reading all the books before the new one comes out looks like it's within reach. :party

I cranked out books 5 and 6 over the last two weeks, mostly by reading a few minutes before bed. I wanted to get caught up, too. (Previously, I just read them right before the movie version came out, so I was always 2-3 years behind.)

i haven't watched one of these flicks or read any of the books since falling asleep in the second flick...that said, the preview to the new one piqued my interest. looks like a lot of action/fun and the badguy looks like batboy from weekly world news.

i haven't watched one of these flicks or read any of the books since falling asleep in the second flick...that said, the preview to the new one piqued my interest. looks like a lot of action/fun and the badguy looks like batboy from weekly world news.

the movies start getting much better with the 3rd one and on.

i'll take your word for it...how could i not trust anyone w/ a linda carter/wonder woman as their avatar?

yay, finally someone who has some real sense. the other day Little Bear said i had no taste. ha!

I prefer the normal-looking interpretation... you know, the whole "banality of evil" thing.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Not such a literal interpretation.

I think that the movies must be pretty meaningless (except as pretty pictures) for anyone who hasn't read the books. Even with the ridiculous length of those things, from what I've seen they've left out some pretty major plot points (yes, I really am that big of a geek...).

Speaking of which: I also vowed to re-read all the books before the 7th comes out, and it took me a lot less time than I had imagined it would. I'm probably going to have to go into hibernation with the new one though, there's no way I'm going anywhere near a newspaper, TV, or god forbid, the internets, until I've powered through it. No spoilers for me!

I think that the movies must be pretty meaningless (except as pretty pictures) for anyone who hasn't read the books.

Then why make the movies?! I wouldn't say they didn't make snese or lacked 'meaning'...they were just boring as hell and too damn long.