saw it again monday night, and i liked it a little better than the first time. i thought it went by really fast. didn't seem like 2 hours.

watched the 4th one last night, and it seemed to flow a bit better than this new one...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw this today. I was pretty impressed, overall. Why is it, though, that Hermione and Ron can't see the thestrals near the beginning, but can see them later when they ride them? I'll have to look back through the book and see if the same thing happens there.

What a great adult cast they've assembled. Much of the finest British talent -- Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Imelda Staunton, Brendan Gleeson, Gary Oldman, etc. ... does it get any better?

Watching Umbridge attempt to boot out Trelawney amused me ... here they are in happier times:

sfm_muchado12.jpg

Finally saw this today. I was pretty impressed, overall. Why is it, though, that Hermione and Ron can't see the thestrals near the beginning, but can see them later when they ride them? I'll have to look back through the book and see if the same thing happens there.

No, they can't see them in the book, even when they're riding them.

Watching Umbridge attempt to boot out Trelawney amused me ... here they are in happier times:

sfm_muchado12.jpg

Ha! :thumbup

this film left me completly unimpressed with both Yates' directing and the screenplay.

It was the first film of the series where I felt punished for not reading the books. If a film cannot stand on its own merits, then it should not be translated. I understand that it was a longer novel than the previous 4 books, but then why make it the shortest of the 3 movies. Almost every familar character makes brief cameos - but none are really given storylines other than to walk behind Harry everywhere he goes.

Say what you will about the first 2 films (which most people seem to view as inferior - I like them just as much as any of the first 4) but at least they took time to introduce new characters and a new world. And say what you want about Daniel's acting previously (or currently) but the girl who played Cho was an awful actress and yet she's on screen way too much.

The climax of the film the wand battle and the showdown between Vold & Dumberdor (?) was like watching Yoda battle the emperor.