You can't just pick up a guitar and start playing. Its frustrating at first, hurts your fingers, and you can't really play anything worthwhile for a long time.

With these games, you learn how it works for 10 minutes and you're suddenly jamming along with Thin Lizzy or whatever. And they make it fun. I enjoy those games a lot. I think as a diversion when you're drunk with friends, they are great.

That being said, I dont understand the people who spend forever getting perfect at the game because.....yeah if you're going to like hardcore practice at guitar hero, you might as well just go get a real guitar. Although, I have heard guitar teachers say they do recommend some of these games to their students because they can help you with your musical timing.

My .02

We just bought this a week or two ago. We, as a family, love it. I am the only one in the bunch who plays guitar and....well....I smoke 'em all. Hey, there is no such thing as bragging...you're either lying or telling the truth. :guitar

Ive been playing guitar for 4+ years..and i can say that i LOVE guitar hero 2...its a hell of alot of fun, and it actually has helped me guitar playing, mostly right hand timing, also giving me new rhythms...left hand has improved my finger independence and some speed..pretty fun either way... ( i have beaten expert, started at hard when i first played )

Not sure if anyone plays these, they seem fun...I guess. But why not just go buy a real guitar and learn some songs?

Because I can't play iron man on guitar. Nor can I really jump off my furniture with my guitar and still play the correct chord.

I've never played Guitar Hero, but I've heard from friends who play guitar that it is much more difficult for people who actually play than for people who don't. Because it's like playing guitar, only not really.

Yeah, thats how I feel. The games are a lot of fun though.