Pearl Jam at the Vic Theatre (8/2)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pay $75 just hear something like All Those Yesterdays, No Way, or Who You Are.

True story.

I concur, especially with All Those Yesterdays. They haven't opened with Of The Girl for awhile now. I'd pay to hear All Night too. Hell, I'd pay to hear Yield and No Code performed live more often.

Don't waste a hundred and fifty clams on that band. There should be mandatory retirement for groups like Pearl Jam! :lol

(they really should've retired on the day Nirvana released Nevermind, I thought everyone knew that...)

again, :realmad

didn't you post something along these lines in another thread just the other day?

is this all you have to offer?

fyi, these are rhetorical questions

wife and i are flying in at 8:30am Thur into Midway, leaving at 7am Fri :)

Do you plan on sitting in line or hanging out somewhere else beforehand? I'm thinking of taking a 1/2 day from work and heading over there and sitting in line (like a loser).

wife and i are flying in at 8:30am Thur into Midway, leaving at 7am Fri :)

What time does the PJ show get over? Western Fifth is playing at the Horseshoe BBQ that night....probably sometime between 11-12:00. We're the only band playing, so we'll probably do two sets (or one long one). Oh, and they have dollar beers.

:beer

What time does the PJ show get over? Western Fifth is playing at the Horseshoe BBQ that night....probably sometime between 11-12:00. We're the only band playing, so we'll probably do two sets (or one long one). Oh, and they have dollar beers.

:beer

not sure, if it's just PJ and starts at 8, will be done by 11-11:30 at the very latest :)

I read somewhere on a Pearl Jam site not tlong ago that when they played three consecutive nights in a city that I don't recall they played an entirely different set list every night. No repeats whatsoever for three straight nights. I think it came out to 75-80 total songs. That's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard of a band doing. I think I saw Wilco about 10 times on various AGIB shows, and I'm pretty sure I didn't hear more than 35-40 songs on all of those shows combined.

I read somewhere on a Pearl Jam site not tlong ago that when they played three consecutive nights in a city that I don't recall they played an entirely different set list every night. No repeats whatsoever for three straight nights. I think it came out to 75-80 total songs. That's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard of a band doing. I think I saw Wilco about 10 times on various AGIB shows, and I'm pretty sure I didn't hear more than 35-40 songs on all of those shows combined.

thats because wilco sucks dude.

I think you're referring to Mansfield, Massachusetts in 2003, but they weren't consecutive nights. I believe it was July 02nd, 03rd, and 11th.

By the way, just from the bootleg, the 11th show sounded really above par.

Yeah, don't bring this up around Wilco fans . . . they're very sensitive to this. I tried this in one of the Wilco threads about a month ago as to whether Wilco could play a different setlist in Colorado when they play there. The locals didn't like it.

Great, great show with an unexpected, and weird, setlist.

I think Kyle will agree, but I don't think we'll ever see them do a show like that (meaning, no staples (with the exception of WWS)) for awhile. Hearing All or None (opening song), Undone, Black Diamond, and Education made it all worthwhile. We also heard great versions of In Hiding, Sad, Comatose, Rats, Why Go, and Sonic Reducer.

Set: All Or None, Education, Sad, In Hiding, Parachutes, I'm Open, Wishlist, Down, Undone, Off He Goes, Hard To Imagine, Gods' Dice, World Wide Suicide, Rats, Gone, Why Go

Encore 1: No More (Ed solo), Inside Job, Low Light, Love Reign O'er Me

Encore 2: Comatose, Black Diamond (Matt on vocals), Sonic Reducer

Encore 3: Indifference (with Ben Harper)

for sure... definitely the craziest thing i'll ever see them do no doubt.

show was a blast, both cuz of the venue and setlist... not even close to one of the best PJ shows i've seen, but the vibe was unlike any other and will be one of, if not the most memorable PJ show for some time to come for me.