Old 97's at Taylor Street Festa

I was on metromix trying to plan my weekend and I discovered that the Old 97's are playing at The Taylor Street Festa saturday night. Also listed as playing at 6:30 is Blue Mountain. I wonder if this is the same Blue Mountain with Laurie Stirratt from back in the day?

Here's the link if anyone's interested.

Sunday night also brings Local H to Westfest on Chicago and Damen, FYI.

Remember...all listed entry fees to these fests are "suggested donations" = FREE!!!

I sure wish Blue Mountain would play somewhere outside of the deep south.
They have played Chicago twice.....which is NOT in the deep south...(but an interesting demographic, a higher percentage of African Americans live in Cook County than anywhere else in the US or is it a great number...not sure.)

Sadly we are missing both this fest and the one where Califone is playing. Once again Chicago is the greatest music town on the planet.

LouieB

Nice attitude. Remind me again why our neighborhood faught so hard to have a fest with mainstream acts again...

Listen Pally...if the "suggested donation" went in part to teaching newbies how to spell, I'd be all over it.

These bands get paid. Everyone gets paid. I am not robbing anyone of anything by not paying the entry fee...copy?

I LIVE here. I PAY property tax here. If there is a cause that I deem worthy of my money, I will give it to them. These festivals are not cheap, and the money that I save on the gate fee will no doubt be spent on vendors within the fest itself. ...why, just tonight I dropped over 100 clams on food, booze and merchandise! 20 bucks of that went to the band directly! How was your night?!!? Did paying the $5 entry fee make you feel like a better person? ...obviously. Not paying the entry fee tonight made me feel one thing: thirsty. Not paying the entry fee tomorrow night for Local H will make me feel the same way.

Matter of fact...with the money I save tomorrow night, I would love to by you a beverage. I'll be the guy wearing the spanking new Old 97's T-shirt holding this above my head in my right hand: large.jpg

You can't miss me.

Love and Lust,

Tenderloin.

How were they? I heard they played Buffalo Trace...god that song is awesome live.

Buffalo Trace rocked...it was the highlight of the show for me! :dancing

Scott: "I know you guys blew off watching 'Flight of the Conchords' to be here tonight...we just want to say thanks."

Frog did not show up, but the beverage was not wasted.

I could've done without the lip from the British bartender at Cleo's, however. ...just get me my white russian and shut the hell up.