Califone Saturday Aug 11 at West Fest

So I should be going to this with a buddy of mine, and I was basically wondering is anyone else going to this event?

Because in all honesty after checking West fest's website they did not really give any specific information of where it is at or how to get there. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a way of getting there via public transportation (I'll be taking the train from the suburbs to Chicago) or the best place to park if I drive there?

But besides that, I really have been loving this band a lot since buying Roots and Crowns, Heroin King Blues, and Quicksand/Cradlesnakes. Though I do need to get their other stuff, and the Red Red Meat catalog.

really? why is that?

ps..hi leo! :wave

Hey Morgan!

I've heard that there are no plans for future projects or shows as a band. Sad. Their sound is so unique and moving. Hopefully they change their minds. They had informally called it quits before recording Roots and Crowns but, thankfully, found a way to find a way.

Morgan, PM me your email please.

They do have some as-yet-unannounced shows coming up, as well as the possibility of an Everybody's Mother, vol. 2 live comp. (check out Vol. 1 on iTunes; it's one of my favorite CDs) in the future. They probably won't be doing any extensive touring for a while, though. Have fun at West Fest, be sure to post your thoughts after the show!!!1111

This is a quote I read from The Chicago Reader that reported what to see at Pitchfork Music Fest, and this is what they said about Califone, in which the magazine says they are working on a new album.

"What began as a solo project for Tim Rutili upon the demise of Red Red Meat in the late 90s has evolved into one of Chicago's most singular bands-moody and impressionistic, sometimes beautiful and sometimes terrifying, with an avant-garde brain and a traditionalist heart. Last year's 'Roots and Crowns' (Thrill Jockey) is a mesmerizing journey through the fantastical of Rutili's modest yet mythopoeic aesthetic; Califone is working intermittently on a new album, and Rutili is spending a lot of time in California doing soundtrack work for HBO and the History Channel."

man now i have to get to this set. I really hope these rumors aren't true. its a shame its gone to be such a pain in the ass to get too.

You're telling me, I figured out a way to get there, but it's going to take a while and three different ways of public transportation. I am just hoping I don't get lost.

See you there.

Sadly, I am not able to go. Califone is one my favorite bands at the moment. This may be one of their last shows, ever!

Map

Ever>?? What the heck??

Sadly I am taking Rosie back to Carbondale, although I suspect if we were in town we would be at the fest with the Old 97s, Blue Mountain, Nora O'Connor and Chris Mills.

LouieB

They do have some as-yet-unannounced shows coming up

:w00t

... as well as the possibility of an Everybody's Mother, vol. 2 live comp ... in the future.

This is seriously exciting.

(check out Vol. 1 on iTunes; it's one of my favorite CDs)

Mine as well - I play (free download here courtesy Califone/Pastrysharp) "Quarter Horses" a LOT. Like nearly every day. :blush I love how Tim Rutili bends notes on that one.

This is a quote I read from The Chicago Reader ... " Califone is working intermittently on a new album, and Rutili is spending a lot of time in California doing soundtrack work for HBO and the History Channel."

Well this is all fantastic news. It looks like all is well in Califoneland. :) I will be looking forward to the next project, whatever it may be, whenever it may happen. It will be brilliant. I have a lot of faith in Califone.